Flip the injury script (1 Viewer)

SouthernMissSaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
We started the season out way behind the 8 ball obviously, but perhaps the mojo will start working our way weeks 6-10. With Davison, Snead, and Vaccaro 2 weeks healthier, and Armstead and Hill back on offense, we're already better. Then, dare I say it, the season starts for "ER" Ellerbe, followed by Breaux and Rankins, we become our best for the Nov-Dec run.

The Falcons have already begun to feel the injury bug creeping in on their squad. And chances are they, and the cats start to become weaker with injuries, while we continue to rebound from them. Not wishing injuries on anyone, but it's just part of the game.

Couple this with the weekly improvement of our rookies and Fas just from playing through the fire, and there is nothing but room for improvement, and a possible run for a division title.

This team pulled together in San Diego for a common goal. Win one for Brees. Who cares how, we won because we played with determination. If we keep that mentality, win in week 6, and don't suffer another devastating injury to a key player, we will be playing Atlanta for the title in our rematch.

Can't wait until we get these guys back. If we can ever get 80% of our best players on the field at the same time this defense will be good. Not just serviceable, they will be good. This group of we've had out there have actually been pretty good against the run. At times they look dominate even. It's been awhile since I've seen opposing RBs being hit behind the line of scrimmage. What happens when Davison, Rankins, and Ellerbe enter the equation? Improvement that's what. No doubt in my mind.

Yeah we're sitting here at 1-3 and a lot of fans are giving up but by God I'm not. The reason I'm not waiving a white flag is because I've seen the defense playing with heart and passion. Of course we're struggling against the pass but that tends to happen when you lose your top 26 CBs. I'm telling you if we ever get our front seven guys healthy at the same time this defense is going to shock some people.

Spoon is out for the year. Keanu Neal is out a few weeks with a knee. That's a few off the top of my head.

Coleman has sickle cell, so he probably won't play in Denver. I know Freeman is doing great, but Coleman not playing is sorta big deal

Coleman has sickle cell, so he probably won't play in Denver. I know Freeman is doing great, but Coleman not playing is sorta big deal

On NFLN, they were saying he probably will play. He has sickle cell trait, but not sickle cell. I'm no doctor, so I can't verify. But there's apparently a difference.

Falcons are 9th in rushing attempts, and 20th in passing attempts so far this year, if that's their MO for the year, combined with the short passing game they beat us with on MNF, they could easily be banged up at RB and OL the next time we play. And I expect our run D will be solid by then. I see our chances against them really good. Rankins should be hitting his stride then

Atl's Defense does seem to be cracking. Like I've said before, they're going to have to score a ton of points to beat some of these better teams.
It's funny how what they're doing this year, the Saints have already accomplished several times over.
Ryan spreading the ball around to several different receivers? Brees been doing that.
#1offense in the NFL? Get in line...Been there, done that.
I know we're struggling, but at least we have the nice memory of a Super Bowl win.
Atlanta got zilch!
Hopefully we can start to turn things around this season.

We need our pass rushers back. Our weak pass rush makes our DB's look worse than they really are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom