Flooding Robert, Madisonville, Covington and East of NOLA (1 Viewer)

Wow! That's some serious water. We received at least 6 inches in the river parishes, but nothing like what y'all got. Glad it let up before more folks were impacted.

Goodbee had some pretty bad flooding. Archbishop High School is flooded.

Hannan.

Welp the good news is that my oldest is already schooling from home.

I'm abt 1 mile east from Hannan off 1085. The water is not receding. In fact it's rising abt an inch per hour. D

Daylight fixing to break and I'll post some photos. I slept 3 total hours and am still quite worried. I have about 10 inches of height left before shirt hits the fan.

Wow. Rain gages on Wundermap are showing from 5 to 17 inches of rain from the Robert area over to the Covington, Madisonville and Mandeville area. Stay safe everybody and good luck.
Zac Fradella (fox 8 met)Iives off hwy 1077 and he measured 16.25 in his rain guage.

Hannan.

Welp the good news is that my oldest is already schooling from home.

I'm abt 1 mile east from Hannan off 1085. The water is not receding. In fact it's rising abt an inch per hour. D

Daylight fixing to break and I'll post some photos. I slept 3 total hours and am still quite worried. I have about 10 inches of height left before shirt hits the fan.
Are you near a tributary that could impact your area? I woulda thought the water would be receding by now. Good luck!

Are you near a tributary that could impact your area? I woulda thought the water would be receding by now. Good luck!
Yes Soap and Tallow creek runs parallel with my property. It's normally about 5 ft wide. The top of creek bed is about 35 ft wide (normally creek about 10 ft lower from top and 5ft wide)

Its now my entire subdivision

Water is receding ever so slowly I'd say abt an inch per hr... Won't get good receding until Tchefuncte starts falling in level.
I'll post pics soon as I can it's nuts
Here is a pic I took last night. It had already fallen about 8" an hour after this pic but certainly wasn't in a hurry to go any faster and its pretty typical to see it fall quick before slowly receding. May take a couple days to drain the rest out.

Attachments

• 20200515_015330.jpg
    20200515_015330.jpg
    648.7 KB · Views: 28
First pic is looking out back yard toward creek (tree line is top of creek bed) you can now see just how high it is and now how wide

Second is from my home looking toward 1085.its all water for 1/4 mile

Attachments

• 20200515_065039.jpg
    20200515_065039.jpg
    830.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200515_065130.jpg
    20200515_065130.jpg
    693.8 KB · Views: 25
Here is a pic I took last night. It had already fallen about 8" an hour after this pic but certainly wasn't in a hurry to go any faster and its pretty typical to see it fall quick before slowly receding. May take a couple days to drain the rest out.
Saw it on ur twitter. You were right there at the shell station. 30 sec west of my place.

Glad u got out safe

Saw it on ur twitter. You were right there at the shell station. 30 sec west of my place.

Glad u got out safe
Where is your house from Shell? I went every direction from the roundabout. Probably have video of your house.

Thanks, I never dealt with deep water last night so navigating wasn't too bad. South LA is so flat it rarely gets deep because the water spreads out instead of up.

Where is your house from Shell? I went every direction from the roundabout. Probably have video of your house.

Thanks, I never dealt with deep water last night so navigating wasn't too bad. South LA is so flat it rarely gets deep because the water spreads out instead of up.
I'm east about 1. 2 miles from Hannan on same side... So if you went east past Rouses on right and Coquille on left, my entrance to sub is 1.2 on left. Hidden Creek.

Welp ain't hidden no more. It's 100 ft wide right now.

I'm in phase 2... Soap and Tallow creek is what separates phase 1 and 2. But I'm first house as you get in phase 2 parallel w creek

I'm east about 1. 2 miles from Hannan on same side... So if you went east past Rouses on right and Coquille on left, my entrance to sub is 1.2 on left. Hidden Creek.

Welp ain't hidden no more. It's 100 ft wide right now.
Didn't quite make it there. Turned around just after Coquille.

Didn't quite make it there. Turned around just after Coquille.
Friends just west of where u were, literally maybe 500 yds past McDonald's got in garage and over took their pool

Friends just west of where u were, literally maybe 500 yds past McDonald's got in garage and over took their pool
Several homes in that area were flooded and quite a few of the businesses in West of Shell were flooded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom