Flooding Robert, Madisonville, Covington and East of NOLA (1 Viewer)

Need anything pm me man.

This is nuts... Creek ain't receding like I would like. And I'm gettin anxious. Every photo says file too large but I'll get some on here.

Thanks. Same. My place is raised. So we are good for tonight. Had to race to save all the cars.

Came up fast.

Big mess but we are safe. Y’all stay safe.

Backyard... Off in distance u see wheelbarrow. This was around 1030 or so.
Can't see it now.

Attachments

• 20200514_235719.jpg
    20200514_235719.jpg
    825.2 KB · Views: 31
Wow. Rain gages on Wundermap are showing from 5 to 17 inches of rain from the Robert area over to the Covington, Madisonville and Mandeville area. Stay safe everybody and good luck.

I'm on 1085... We have been hammered

I have about 14 inches before in home. And I built with an extra foot of fill for something like this. I have Soap and Tallow creek next to me and its a 5 ft wide creek. It's now easily 100 ft wide and my entire back yard is under water. I have about 12 inches left before in pool

If u need to know where to go shoot me pm I'm not sleeping tonite
Glad it let up when it did. I was down 1085 and Dummyline area. Outside of a few homes flooded it looked to be pretty minor. Handful of stalled cars on Dummyline with a few in ditches. It was on the breaking point when the rain stopped. Another hour of that and all hell would have broken loose.

25' in Lafayette? You build your house on a bridge?
LOL. Believe me, I researched this area of Lafayette before buying. Got the topo maps of the area. I'm on natural levee deposits of the Vermilion River. All the surrounding land dips away from me. Drains well too. Hey, what a geologist po ta do?

Its really bad.

I would liken it to denham/walker from 2018. We had to have gotten 16 inches in 10 hrs. Wife said it started around noon and when I got home at 5 it simply never let up. I haven't seen rain like this since I was a kid in New Orleans
It is as bad as St. Tammany has seen since May of 1995 as far as amount of rain such a short period. As for comparing it to 2016 floods in Denham, it would take more than double the rain over 1000x greater area. That was some of the worst flooding I've seen and I still think it was as bad as Harvey with coverage area.

This area is so overdue for a really bad flood. May 3rd floods were 25 years ago and outside of surge events and some smaller flood events it has been a while. Hopefully that streak continues.

Thanks for the offer, got busy and missed it or would have taken you up on it.

Screenshot_20200515-014532_Chrome.jpg We're getting a mess in Chicago right now. It isn't as bad as what you had but it's been raining (thunderstorms) most of the day and is expected to do so through Monday. I'm sitting on my back porch watching the lightning. We have flash flood warnings, etc. What's odd is that the lightning sirens at the local parks have been silent all day.

We had a flood that devastated my neighborhood in 2008. Ever since then I get nervous when it rains like this.

I wish you all well. Cleaning up after that is awful.

Screenshot_20200515-014532_Chrome.jpg We're getting a mess in Chicago right now. It isn't as bad as what you had but it's been raining (thunderstorms) most of the day and is expected to do so through Monday. I'm sitting on my back porch watching the lightning. We have flash flood warnings, etc. What's odd is that the lightning sirens at the local parks have been silent all day.

We had a flood that devastated my neighborhood in 2008. Ever since then I get nervous when it rains like this.

I wish you all well. Cleaning up after that is awful.

Best of luck, Eeyore, or "sad donkey" as st dude used to call you. Stay safe.

Goodbee had some pretty bad flooding. Archbishop High School is flooded.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom