Florida GOP debate (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
First off the debate is sickening. Just another example of a media blackout. Paul has gotten all of three questions and it about over.

Romney was asked a question about Reagan in 1983 and someone whispered to Romney "raise taxes". Someone was feeding him answers and that isn't going to sit well. I will post it when it hits youtube.

Each of the candidates got to ask each other a question. Paul asked McCain a question on the economy just a couple minutes after McCain got done bragging about how much he knows and he just completely avoided the question and was dancing in his pants.
McCain was also asked by a person from the audience how he is going to keep the military in Iraq and decrease spending. His answer then went on to compare his foreign policy to Hillary Clinton's. The moderators where extremely weak.

Huckabee easily sounded the best during the debate but only because he stole half of Ron Paul's economic platform without understanding it.

Giuliani can't get beyond New York when he talks. It is as if there is no other place in the country to him.

Overall it was pretty sickening. Ron Paul got about 5 minutes in a 90 minute debate. The hour and a half didn't mention him one time. He was totally blacked out but it isn't surprising.

The good news is the economy is becoming a huge issue and they are stealing Ron Paul's material. Now if they actually believed it and did something about it then I would look at it as a win but that is still a long ways off.

As you post this, Ron Paul gets to close the debate on how the reps are losing their ideals

Yep, he got his 4th question in 90 minutes compared to 31 questions that went to McCain and Romney.

Yep, he got his 4th question in 90 minutes compared to 31 questions that went to McCain and Romney.

Can you blame them though? Those are the two most likely winners of their primary. If Tancredo and Hunter were still in the race, I'd want them to have 3 seconds of airtime because as cold-blooded as it sounds...they're a non-factor.

I don't want to start a new thread on this, but what in the world are the republicans gonna do in the general debate when Hilary/Obama goes "You think the war has been worth it. You lose."

Both Romney and McCain stated the war has been worth it. Are they that politically short-sighted.

Can you blame them though? Those are the two most likely winners of their primary. If Tancredo and Hunter were still in the race, I'd want them to have 3 seconds of airtime because as cold-blooded as it sounds...they're a non-factor.

The debate format is supposed to be set up to be non biased and equal for all participants. The debate was originally scheduled for 2 hours but all the candidates except Ron Paul agreed to shorten it to 90 minutes. This still leaves 90 minutes for 5 candidates. I can understand giving them a little more time but no 300% more. Hell, the whole reason these guys are even front runners is because the media has propped them up. I'm willing to bet less than 50% of the people in the country even know who Ron Paul is.

As for the war. No, the Republicans are doomed. The president will be decided at the Democratic Convention.

Paul owning McCain
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJ1OB2iLxcY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJ1OB2iLxcY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

What did I miss? I saw McCain pretty much admit that he's going to rely on people that know better than he does. Is that bad?

Well, I know that I didn't, but I didn't see how he was "owned".

Owned would be the shots that Hillary and Obama were taking at each other a few days ago. It was awesome. I never wanted it to end.

Yeah, its easier to make fun than to face the facts.

Ron Paul supporters do it to themselves. There's a level of desperation and single-minded obsessiveness involved that turns the entire campaign into a poorly drawn caricature.

I don't think there was a clear winner or loser. Romney probably came out on top by staying on message. McCain rambled too much and took some shots from Romney and Huckabee. Huck eclipsed Giuliani in the debate but swallowed his foot in the post debate when he claimed Iraq's WMDs were in Jordan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom