Florida woman smiles in mugshot after DUI crash that killed mother (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How dead inside do you need to do this? I'm not smiling after a minor fender bender
======================================================================

A Florida woman sparked a fury after she was photographed smiling ear-to-ear in her mugshot following a drunk driving crash that killed a 60-year-old mother, Florida Highway Patrol said.

Angenette Welk, 44, of Ocala, was arrested last Thursday and faces several charges, including driving while under the influence following a crash just after 12 p.m., WKMG reported.

Welk was driving down U.S. Highway 27 in Marion County when cops say she failed to brake in time, rear-ending a Hyundai Elantra that then slammed into a tractor-trailer stopped in front of it.

Shiyanne Kroll, 18, the driver of the Hyundai Elantra, suffered minor injuries.

Her mother, 60-year-old Sandra Clarkson, died days after the crash, the report stated............................

Florida woman smiles in mugshot after DUI crash that killed mother, officials say

Ok, I was confused
She didn’t kill her mother she killed the mother in the other car (does that seem like a weird way to identify the victim?)

More that likely the dui driver is a **** but I could see a situation where she’s so messed up she just smiles on instinct seeing the camera

Feel for the other family - yikes

Eta: that’s just a really bad headline, without any other people mentioned the only conclusion is that it’s the driver’s mother

Adding to what Guido said, the victim also did not die until “days after the accident” so in all likelihood, she did not know when the mugshot was taken that her mother died.

Yeah, it's screwed up, but at the time of the mug shot, no one was dead. The other driver had minor injuries. She may not even have known how bad the passenger of the other car was, or that they were in critical condition.

I agree the article title is confusing. I guess it's a little better that no one had died when the mug shot was taken but it says that the other driver's mother was paralyzed and brain dead - which means she had to have been in bad shape right after the accident.

I don't get the impression that it was one of those "she was fine, walking around and laughing and then died of a brain hemmorage later that day"

That smile is still wholly inappropriate. She has a bit of the same crazy eye that the 65k texts woman has
mugshot2.jpg

Last edited:
Again not apologizing, just offering context - she blew a .172 - she was probably still way hammered

OTOH the Becky in the other story from La seemed to get a hella light sentence

Meanwhile in Louisiana, She is free and driving again. She even found a job.

Olivia Matte released from jail after mixup, attorney says

Just to clarify since this comment seems to have created a little confusion, this is not the same woman as the Florida story.

Again not apologizing, just offering context - she blew a .172 - she was probably still way hammered

OTOH the Becky in the other story from La seemed to get a hella light sentence

Wait . . . Can we say "Only in ******* Louisiana?"

And on this one in Louisiana, the sentence she has received is NOT for the matter in which someone was killed. That case is still pending in Jefferson Parish. The sentence she is serving is for OWI that occurred prior to the fatality and the maximum sentence she could have received is 6 months in the parish jail, which in most cases, and it sounds like this one, is suspended while she does 2 years of probation.

Just to clarify since this comment seems to have created a little confusion, this is not the same woman as the Florida story.

And on this one in Louisiana, the sentence she has received is NOT for the matter in which someone was killed. That case is still pending in Jefferson Parish. The sentence she is serving is for OWI that occurred prior to the fatality and the maximum sentence she could have received is 6 months in the parish jail, which in most cases, and it sounds like this one, is suspended while she does 2 years of probation.

In other words she is not going to jail. The father got a good lawyer and is paying off people because he has money. She probably gets more probation In JP.

In other words she is not going to jail. The father got a good lawyer and is paying off people because he has money. She probably gets more probation In JP.

The fact that she got probation on the case she already plead guilty to is normal. Does not take a good lawyer or paying off anyone.

As to what will happen in JP, I don't know. I do not know the judges there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom