[Merged] Florio is at it again (1 Viewer)

The Cowboys are like the Browns this year. Everyone thinks it’s a job everyone wants.

It’s not. In the end the Browns couldn’t even get the best candidates to interview and had to promote from within and no established coach wants to go be Jerry’s puppet.

Twice today and it's barely 8 AM? Looks like it's going to be a long off season if it's starting already. Payton is under contract through 2020 isn't he?

Twice today he implied Sean Payton to the Cowboys next year ???

It used to be that his kids were there and even though there never seemed to be any actual basis for connecting him to the Cowboys job beyond wild speculation, there was at least that understandable consideration that a father would want to be closer to his kids.

His kids are grown up now, Payton hasn't been a part of that organization in well over a decade, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Parcells would just straight advise him not to return as HC. Payton has as strong of a personality and and we have history - Johnson and Parcells - to question if that kind of interpersonal dynamic can lead to a longterm relationship working for Jerry Jones.

More importantly, Payton has been embraced by the organization and fans here. The team has shown him continued support through difficult times. Why would he abandon this situation to go work for an organization that has only managed to fluctuate between mediocrity and instability?

Florio is, at times, a good journalist, but he sure can make it difficult to take him seriously on other occasions.

The Cowboys are like the Browns this year. Everyone thinks it’s a job everyone wants.

It’s not. In the end the Browns couldn’t even get the best candidates to interview and had to promote from within and no established coach wants to go be Jerry’s puppet.

Agree to disagree, I think that the Browns got the right guy for the job. Obviously he isn’t Sean or Bill, but he is just as good as any of the other young coaches who are getting their first crack st the brass ring. Add to that the success he has had so far with Mayfield and that offense, he has an edge on the competition.

Payton is under contract through 2020 isn't he?

This is correct. He would have to be traded.

A)Dallas won’t be able to afford what we’d command for him, even if we listened to offers.
2)I am confident Payton has little to zero interest going back to work for Jerry.
And C)At this point if I remember right, Payton doesn’t even have any ties to Dallas anymore.

I always stand amazed at the fact that we’re a so called small market team that gets zero respect from the media as we are, but when Brees and Payton are on expiring contracts (and even when they’re not, as with the OP), they fall all over themselves dreaming out loud what could be if they were on more favorable/popular teams. It’s incredible.

Payton won't leave unless he wakes up and realizes we face a major rebuild and have no QB. The way we have been drafting and signing talent, I don't see that situation arising.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom