Florio picks Eagles to win (1 Viewer)

coacher

Trick Play
Reaction score
I seriously think he’s the only one I’ve seen picking against the Saints.

I seriously think he’s the only one I’ve seen picking against the Saints.

Nah, that's not Florio, unless he's talking about taking the Eagles and the 8. He picks the Saints to win straight-up.vi

[edit] - reading comprehension is obviously not my strength. He picks the Eagles - details below.

Here are their picks from earlier in the week:

Eagles at Saints

MDS’s take: When these teams met in the regular season, the Saints won in a 48-7 beatdown. That was the second-biggest margin of victory in the NFL during the 2018 season, second only to the Ravens destroying the Nathan Peterman-led Bills in Week One. If Nick Foles can lead the Eagles to a win over the Saints after the same opponent dominated Carson Wentz in the regular season, it’s going to lead to increased calls to make Foles, not Wentz, the Eagles’ franchise quarterback. Fortunately for the Saints (and for Wentz), I don’t see that happening. Drew Brees should have a big day against the Eagles’ defense, and although the Saints aren’t going to win by 41 again, they should win by a healthy margin.

MDS’s pick: Saints 31, Eagles 17.

Florio’s take: Few believed the Eagles could beat the Bears in Chicago. (I did.) Fewer believe the Eagles can beat the Saints in New Orleans. I do. Coupling the bye week with a lackluster Week 17 game against the Panthers, and it will have been a long time since the Saints played a meaningful game. The Eagles have been playing meaningful games week after week after week. The road team has improved greatly since losing 48-7 in the Superdome, and the Saints peaked during round one. So push the chips into the middle of the table, hope the Eagles keep it close, count on a little magic late in the game, and prepare for the biggest debate of the offseason regarding whether the Eagles should keep Nick Foles or Carson Wentz.

Florio’s pick: Eagles 20, Saints 17.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/10/pfts-divisional-round-picks-7/

Last edited:
Really? It was my understanding that he the one that tweets from this account.

I added to my above post. I have no idea if he's the actual tweeter or not, but he obviously picked the Saints to win. That tweet could be referencing taking the Eagles and the points. I'm not sure, I just know about his pick from yesterday.

I added to my above post. I have no idea if he's the actual tweeter or not, but he obviously picked the Saints to win. That tweet could be referencing taking the Eagles and the points. I'm not sure, I just know about his pick from yesterday.

What am I misunderstanding then? :covri:

Florio’s pick: Eagles 20, Saints 17.

****, I completely read that back-asswards. :hihi:

self-:fou:

:hihi:

I honestly assumed you were right somehow, and maybe my brain was misfiring. You were so confident.

So...Florio is picking the Eagles?

:hihi:

I honestly assumed you were right somehow, and maybe I brain was misfiring. You were so confident.

So...Florio is picking the Eagles?

Yeah.

I read that yesterday at work and just kind of skimmed through it. I remembered thinking that Florio liked us at home even though he gave the Eagles some props. Oops.

Yeah.

I read that yesterday at work and just kind of skimmed through it. I remembered thinking that Florio liked us at home even though he gave the Eagles some props. Oops.

I once posted an update on the Niners' QB situation ahead of a game against them.

The article was a year old.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom