Florio says Giants should release Eli (1 Viewer)

MightyMite

Mightiest of all Mites
Reaction score
Honestly, Eli was never the QB that the media made him out to be. Not bad, but not at the level of Peyton, Brees, Brady, et. al.

Today? I think he is done but I also think that the Giants should have found a classier way to move on from him. While I think he was overrated, I also believe he gave everything he had to that organization and deserved better.

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, Eli was never the QB that the media made him out to be. Not bad, but not at the level of Peyton, Brees, Brady, et. al.

Today? I think he is done but I also think that the Giants should have found a classier way to move on from him. While I think he was overrated, I also believe he gave everything he had to that organization and deserved better.
They were as classy as they could get. He was drafted in 2004. It’s 2019. At best, they should’ve announced this when they drafted Jones.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, he did win 2 Super Bowls, including the one that ended the Pats' perfect season, so he has that going for him. Interestingly enough, he was the MVP both times. So, he stepped up his game when the lights were brightest.

:hihi:

And nah, pass. I agree it's time for him to hang it up.

whodatsaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
He’s a good New Orleans boy. I’ve always pulled for him. He lives in his brother’s shadow, but what QB doesn’t? Go Eli. No really, Eli, go. Be happy.

Chris Cole

King Cole
Reaction score
I think it's a perfect match, I like the family from new orleans thing. I think he could pick up the offense quickly and yes, I do believe he is better than bridgewater. He would help us win this year.
The problems I have with it is what we would have to give away. How many picks? Who would be cut? And what return on investment would we get with him. He's in his late thirties, so not many more years. In my opinion he's still top ten quarterback with the right offense

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom