Florio says Giants should release Eli (1 Viewer)

Eli is a piece of ish . ... made the most money on football and the guy manufactured fake "game worn gear" to sell to collectors ... all to make a few thousand dollars... f eli and his fraud arse

Eli is a piece of ish . ... made the most money on football and the guy manufactured fake "game worn gear" to sell to collectors ... all to make a few thousand dollars... f eli and his fraud arse

If I was him and saw this post, my response would be...me and my 2 SB MVPs and rings don't care what you think.

He's always been a better than average qb and he's only recently fallen off a bit, but having a poor team around him hasn't helped either.

He's in the catbird seat right now. Making a crap ton of money and his his contract is structured in a way where he's in good shape to stay on as a backup making starter money.

And he's not going to Jacksonville unless their other qb gets hurt. I'm watching this guy, and he's legit.

He's always been a better than average qb and he's only recently fallen off a bit, but having a poor team around him hasn't helped either.

Eli manning a better than average qb? are you kidding me? eli is average personified... was he better than average when he lead the league in INTs on three separate occasions? In fact, his 116-116 record says he is not better than average... and f that super bowl mvp ish... the only thing eli did was not lose them... those defenses won those games for the giants...

and agreed... he's not going anywhere... he has a no trade he has said he wont waive, and the giants wont release him until the end of the year because jones might get hurt/flame out

and based on what im seeing with minshaw, why the eff would the jags want eli? because he won something with coughlin 9 years ago? yeesh,

Last edited:
Eli manning a better than average qb? are you kidding me? eli is average personified... was he better than average when he lead the league in INTs on three separate occasions? In fact, his 116-116 record says he is not better than average... and f that super bowl mvp ish... the only thing eli did was not lose them... those defenses won those games for the giants...

and agreed... he's not going anywhere... he has a no trade he has said he wont waive, and the giants wont release him until the end of the year because jones might get hurt/flame out

and based on what im seeing with minshaw, why the eff would the jags want eli? because he won something with coughlin 9 years ago? yeesh,

You do realize he's in the top 10 all time in several significant categories, right? I'm not saying he's a top 10 qb of all time, but he was better than average up until a few years ago. But hey, it's your opinion, and that's fine, but I don't agree with it.

You do realize he's in the top 10 all time in several significant categories, right? I'm not saying he's a top 10 qb of all time, but he was better than average up until a few years ago. But hey, it's your opinion, and that's fine, but I don't agree with it.

this says it so much better than i ever could

this says it so much better than i ever could

I read the article. It's really one man's opinion. You can interpret those stats in a lot of different ways. It's funny how the writer downplays his best season by comparing him with the top stats in what was a record breaking season for 2 of the top QBs in the game. Like I said, above average is in the top 10-20 QBs in a given season, which is where he ranked nearly every season he played until recently. He's certainly not mediocre. Profoundly mediocre is borderline, if not outright hyperbole. To say that is to have some sort of bias against him. It doesn't make sense when you consider where he's ranked, and his clutch play in the playoffs of those SB seasons. They were no fluke. Yes, they had stout defenses, but they also had a solid running game and Eli was a really good game manager.

Anyway, Peyton was miles better. But Eli was no slouch.

All that said, I do think it's time for him to retire after this season.

The only way I'd want the Saints to pick up Eli is if Chad Kelly is already claimed. Which I assume he will be when all 32 teams submit a waiver claim.

The only way I'd want the Saints to pick up Eli is if Chad Kelly is already claimed. Which I assume he will be when all 32 teams submit a waiver claim.

I agree. Maybe some desperate team might sign him, but he won't be available regardless. The Giants can't trade him and can't release him. All he can do is play out the season as a backup, or he can retire now. I suspect he wants his money though.

why would he retire? he has a no trade contract full of guaranty money, he could ride the bench and get paid as a starting QB to watch the game from there in safety and comfort, that is what he should and most likely will do
I don't think that is what a Manning would do. He is humble but not that humble.

Love this quote by Eli. The press asked him what advice he gave Daniel Jones. Eli said, “I told him to throw the ball to the guys that have the same color jersey on that he has.” LOL ? love it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom