Flu Shot (1 Viewer)

It seems like every year I get the Flu shot I catch the flu later in the year. My question is should I avoid getting the shot or do I just have bad luck? What is your opinion on this?
If you were still able to function at home during those episodes of sickness, you never had the flu. Bad cold? Most likely. But the flu is something that keeps you bedridden for a good portion of your illness. It's sad that so many who get a cold assume (and outwardly say) that they have the flu. :jpshakehead:

You cannot get the flu from the vaccine. But the vaccine is not fool-proof either. No one can guarantee that a flu shot will always stave off getting a bout of the flu. But it is effective in helping you resist the flu when you come in contact with it.

I got my flu shot this morning. If I do get the flu (which I haven't had in about 15 years), it won't be because I got a flu shot. But hopefully my boosted immunities created by the vaccine will keep any flu I get from being so intense.

You cannot get the flu from the vaccine. But the vaccine is not fool-proof either. No one can guarantee that a flu shot will always stave off getting a bout of the flu. But it is effective in helping you resist the flu when you come in contact with it.

I posted the following earlier, but it backs up your point. My daughter is an RN and required to get the shot. She received hers
last year in Oct. She still caught the flu from a patient in January. The symptoms were mild though. She only had a low grade
fever and a few body aches. She was back to work 3 days later. If she hadn't received the shot, it would have been much worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom