Flu Shot (1 Viewer)

Same. I'd thought I had the flu a couple of times and testing would always be negative and would be for something else like strep. Last time I tested for flu like symptoms in January, it was negative for flu and strep. I actually suspect it might have been CV, but that was before testing was available.

strep has on two occasions made me feel like I was literally dying. That is some bad stuff. I always put off going to the doctor until I pretty much need to be hospitalized. The last time I was sitting in the doctors office and gas was escaping me like a belch. Only I wasn't belching - there was no force with it. There was no muscles involved at all, just gas coming out of my mouth. And the doc wanted to hospitalize me because he thought my throat was too closed to get the omoxyceline down. I talked him into letting me go home and try the liquid though.

I pretty much get it every year and I got it about a week ago this year (CVS). Seems to work ok for me.

I've been getting it through work for about 15 years. Not sure if I did it before, but I don't think so.

I haven't had the flu, since I was a kid, if I even got it then. Not everyone catches it. Some go most of their life without getting the flu. Just other nasty colds.

Our son had the flu about 3 years ago. We isolated him in the room, after I took him to urgent care (positive flu test), and got him some tamiful, gave him liquids in his room, and just washed my hands every time I left his room. No masks or anything.

No one else caught it. Due to the shots or just good hygiene practices?

Last edited:
I've been getting it through work for about 15 years. Not sure if I did it before, but I don't think so.

I haven't had the flu, since I was a kid, if I even got it then. Not everyone catches it. Some go most of their life without getting the flu. Just other nasty colds.

Our son had the flu about 3 years ago. We isolated him in the room, after I took him to urgent care (positive flu test), and got him some tamiful, gave him liquids in his room, and just washed my hands every time I left his room. No masks or anything.

No one else caught it. Do to the shots or just good hygiene practices?

Probably both.

I always get the flu shot through work (hospital). 2 years ago was the only time I actually got the flu. I took the vaccine in September, tested positive for the flu in February.

The last flu shot I got was 17 years ago and have never gotten the flu. As with many things in life, just depends for each person.

I pretty much get it every year and I got it about a week ago this year (CVS). Seems to work ok for me.

I happened to be in a CVS this morning and got one. Saw the sign in the store and thought of this thread. So if something bad happens to me, it’s on y’all.

Never gotten a flu shot, and rarely get the flu, last time was 5 years ago.

My son and I got ours yesterday. He starts back to school on Monday and I don’t want to chance anything. I’m taking the entire week off to spend time with my wife (she’s getting her shot today).

Never gotten a flu shot.
Never gotten the flu.

My wife decided to take a flu shot last year, and very unlucky her, got a bad reaction to it, that even has a name, Guillain-Barré Syndrome, which is very rare to get from a flu shot, as per her doctor.

Never gotten a flu shot.
Never gotten the flu.

Some folks are like that. I think it’s good hygiene. I was the same way for a long time. It wasn’t until my son started going to school that I started getting the flu. That little PITA (I say in jest) gave me the flu all the damn time until I started getting the shot. I may have gotten the flu once since I started getting shots but I was over it in less than a day.

No one else caught it. Do to the shots or just good hygiene practices?
Wait no mask?? Blasphemy!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom