Flu Shots (1 Viewer)

Kids /Wife - yes.

I do not.

Kids- obvious reasons. Wife works with kids, so again obvious reasons.

i am holed up in office - people dont necessarily come in when they are ill. yet i am a germiphobe so i wash hands - A LOT. ( and sanitize em )

Yes, we all get them.

Apart from that weird muscle soreness in the arm the next day, I have no adverse response to them ever. And I don't get sick in the winter apart from a cold or two.

I think they are safe and sensible. Of course, they aren't 100% safe - there can be adverse reactions in a small percentage of the population. And sometimes they base the shot on anticipated flu strains but others become more common and the shot is less effective.

My nephew got the shot last year and within a month, he was ill with constant upset stomach and severe lethargy. A month later, he was finally diagnosed with ADEM that the doctors believe resulted from his flu shot last year (ADEM is one of the conditions compensable through the vaccine injury fund). At one point, he was really doing poorly and it was scary - but he has come through it as of this summer and his recent MRI was very good.

Going through that first hand hasn't really turned me off to my children getting the shot. My nephew has always had health problems ever since he was born with a strep infection, so I tend to see his health profile as perhaps more susceptible to that kind of response, but I really don't know. My kids have gotten all of the recommended shots and (knock on wood) they have been very healthy. I can count their fevers on one hand.

Get them every year, primarily because I'm diabetic, but also now because I work in a healthcare facility.

They're pretty effective, but as Chuck mentioned, they're not 100% effective. If you catch a strain that's not included in this year's vaccine (which includes the viral strains contracted last year), you'll likely be done for the count.

Yes, I am required to get it. But I would get it anyway. My husband used to not ever get it, until the year he got the flu and saw how it never touched me, even though I was definitely exposed to it. Now he gets it every year too.

I usually get them. Being a teacher it's kind of a good idea as those little ones are nothing more than bacteria and virus incubators during the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's interesting that the two main demographics who are most likely to not get it are working class conservative whites and hippy/liberal whites.

The whole family gets them. As a matter of fact, I already got mine this year. Why? I don't want the flu. I believe vaccines are effective. Have to admit though, Im biased. I work in the center for infectious diseases at the CDC and Im adjunct Microbiology instructor at GSU. I know the science and umderstand why vaccination is important.

The whole family gets them. As a matter of fact, I already got mine this year. Why? I don't want the flu. I believe vaccines are effective. Have to admit though, Im biased. I work in the center for infectious diseases at the CDC and Im adjunct Microbiology instructor at GSU. I know the science and umderstand why vaccination is important.

Well, I just say a prayer every night. I don't get sick either. So put that in your pipe and smoke it Science Guy.

I get them every year, yet still contracted a nasty flu strain just before Christmas of 2014, as did my wife. Being diabetic it dang near killed me. The vaccine won't immunize you against every strain, but I will continue to get them in order to limit susceptibility.

I've gotten them in the past, so I feel like i have to keep getting them or the federal mind control might not work properly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom