Flunking out.... drunk as hell. (1 Viewer)

What math class is it? Calculus? Why dont you scan your homework and maybe some of us can help you through your class.

Thats real cool of you to offer, but the thing id i get that, but I seem to clutch at exams, but only for math. is there such a thign as math test anxiety? I find if I dont know it right off I start plugging in formula's ..Its gotta be some odd thing, my regular GPA is 3.98 for god sakes...

Im really torqued because, I sort of wanted to grad out, move to Orleans.. help it heal, now I dunno after puttign all your eggs in that basket whats left?

What math classes? Have you gotten a tutor? Help from the teacher? Find one you can do an independent study with?

Tried, i seem to have some sort of math anxiety.. I am golden everywhere but math, i can know it. but test time i seem to loose my cool.

Remember on the test they wont ask you something that you havent seen before. The trick is that these professors try to disguise what they want you to do. if you are in Calculus or something similar and it deals with Trig they might say sin/cos which is tangent. They like to do the pythagorean theorem like this c^2 = 3 + 5 but you have to solve for c and forget to simplify. they are trying to see if you know your algebra. just remember simplify and then do what they ask.

what class is it?

Remember on the test they wont ask you something that you havent seen before. The trick is that these professors try to disguise what they want you to do. if you are in Calculus or something similar and it deals with Trig they might say sin/cos which is tangent. They like to do the pythagorean theorem like this c^2 = 3 + 5 but you have to solve for c and forget to simplify. they are trying to see if you know your algebra. just remember simplify and then do what they ask.

what class is it?

Who told you all these tricks? Those are supposed to be secret. :rant:

Buck up and try again. If you have just 2 classes to go, you can do it. regroup. re-energize. and take these classes on head first. You can ****ing do it.

If your GPA is 3.9 without math then you are not flunking out of school. Take a deep breath, your life is not over.

And no offense intended here, but you ought to be able to pass math, especially if you are only required to take two courses. If you're at LSU, you can even substitute your non-algebra math for logic (that's what I did, but when I transferred I had to take the other math anyway).

You also might want to see if it past the drop date. If it is, just wait until the summer. It's always easier in the summer and you can check ratemyprofessors.com and pick the easiest one.

Also, if you really have "math anxiety" to the point where it borders on some kind of anxiety disorder you might want to go to the school medical clinic and talk to a psychiatrist and they might be able to work something out (if nothing else I bet you can get extended testing).

True, you don't have to ace it, just pass it. Keep that in mind. Don't quit, you have came too far. As far as SaintsFan11 advice, I will absolutely agree with the psychiatrist. I had a lot of anxiety about tests also. Taught me a few things and it made all the difference. I have not had anxiety since.

As far as taking classes in the summer, oh yeah! Biochemistry 212, drop with a P (barely) in the fall, got a 99% in the summer. Hardest part was getting up for a 6:00 class in the summer after night custodial work.

Do students really use those sites?

I did sometimes, but they're really only useful for classes such as Bio 101 or Algebra where you have 10 different teachers to choose from. If you find a good 300 or 400 level course you don't have a choice in professors. If I could find an easy ride in one of those low level pre-reqs I went with it. Of course, I found with Louisiana schools you really have to take what some of the people say with a grain of salt because if the teacher doesn't give you a chance to make 50% of your grade up with bonus points they're 'too hard' (I'm only half joking).

i usually ask the students in that major who is the easiest for my non-major classes. I have used ratemyprofessor or another site as a guide.

I did sometimes, but they're really only useful for classes such as Bio 101 or Algebra where you have 10 different teachers to choose from. If you find a good 300 or 400 level course you don't have a choice in professors. If I could find an easy ride in one of those low level pre-reqs I went with it. Of course, I found with Louisiana schools you really have to take what some of the people say with a grain of salt because if the teacher doesn't give you a chance to make 50% of your grade up with bonus points they're 'too hard' (I'm only half joking).

That's not even 1/2 joking. I know exactly what you mean. There are so many entries like "DO NOT TAKE! We had to go to class. And (s)he expected you to read the book. And (s)he didn't entertain me enough while I was in class." :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom