Flushed my water heater today (1 Viewer)

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
After the water boil notice ended, figured it was a good idea to flush the water heaters and we had not flushed them since the house was built (about 16 months).
YouTube guy said to do it every year to get sediments out. I figured the water softener would have removed most of the calcium etc, but we got a lot of white chunks of calcium out of both water heaters.

If you guys don't flush your water heaters regularly, you will probably want to do it.

I'm probably the only moron who didn't regularly flush the water heater on the board, so feel free to berate me.

Everytime I do mine some hard water comes out. We have pretty hard city water in the Parish so I try to do it as often as I can.

I just had an 'iron curtain' system installed, also have a softener--as we have a well (our house was built new about 3 yrs ago) and the plumber told me flushing the heater does not matter...his reasoning (not sure if right or wrong) was that the flush valve is roughly 6-10" above the bottom of the tank where any sediment would be...

I'm probably the only moron who didn't regularly flush the water heater on the board, so feel free to berate me.

giphy.gif

*quickly googles how to flush a hot water heater...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom