Fmr NFL Scout Daniel Jerimiah's 1st Round Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Also knows as @MoveTheSticks if you are on twitter much. ...Has Saints taking BJoern Werner at #15
Werner is a tough player to evaluate. I love his initial quickness, balance and production, but I thought he lacked explosiveness in his hands at Florida State and never saw him convert speed to power as a rusher. Teams are very split on him. Some have him in the top 10, while others have him in the second round. I'll split the difference and put him right here.
2013 NFL Mock Drafts : NFL Mock Draft 2.0: Geno Smith goes to Chiefs

In the past 4 or 5 days I've read a lot of scout evaluations that have Werner and D. Moore falling out of the top 10. I think both of them falling is a long shot, but one of them falling isn't too far fetched. Besides, I think Werner is a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 OLB. D. Moore could play in either system. I'm still on the Ziggy bandwagon! Hey Mickey, pick Ziggy!

In the past 4 or 5 days I've read a lot of scout evaluations that have Werner and D. Moore falling out of the top 10. I think both of them falling is a long shot, but one of them falling isn't too far fetched. Besides, I think Werner is a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 OLB. D. Moore could play in either system. I'm still on the Ziggy bandwagon! Hey Mickey, pick Ziggy!

Lots of 4-3 DE's have transitioned to OLB. He has the size and agility to play it.

I haven't watched enough tape on him though but I normally see him on other mocks as a top 10. I'll probably do some extensive tape review tonight to see if some of the things Daniel said stick out to me.

Wait till the combine to see how well he moves, then we'll see if he's a 3-4 guy.

Jeremiah has not gotten the memo that we are moving to a 3-4. Mingo would make more sense.

I mean from what I've read, Werner is 6-4 256. Thats Demarcus Ware right there if that's his true measurable s.

I could see if he was like 275 but his size is perfect for a pass rushing outside linebacker. I need to go watch more tape to see how functional he is in space.

who knows at this point, after the combine we will know more, but Jarvis Jones medical will probably keep him from going #2, would love the choice of mingo or werner or ansah

I don't see the Saints going with Werner at DE, if Mingo and Ansah are still on the board. Mingo would be a beast in our new scheme. I don't believe Mingo or Ansah will be there at 15 after the combine, so maybe they do end up with Werner.

I would have Loomis' babies if Werner fell to us and we took him. Guy is a gamechanger and my favorite player in this draft.

I don't think the Saints will draft an OLB in the first round. With Tez and Juneyah outside, the most commonly heard phrase from NFL game announcers could be, "Where did these guys come from!?" Hopefully, they will evoke memories of Jackson and Swilling attacking quarterbacks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom