FO offseason mistakes (1 Viewer)

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
1. Signing Malcolm Jenkins
2. Not signing Brady (How can you tell Brees that he can’t come back?)
3. Not re-signing Bridgewater

So far these are looking like the biggest mistakes of the offseason that directly helped the NFC South’s chances of dethroning the Saints.

1. Signing Malcolm Jenkins
2. Not signing Brady (How can you tell Brees that he can’t come back?)
3. Not re-signing Bridgewater

So far these are looking like the biggest mistakes of the offseason that directly helped the NFC South’s chances of dethroning the Saints.
I might give you 1 & 3, but no. 2? :confused2:

Well... I'll would call that one... no.2. :hihi:

I never said that Brees was worse than Brady or Bridgewater. My point was that they went to a division rival and it improved their roster... Brady being the most pivotal

Bridgewater is pretty much running the same offense as Brees, mostly short passes with high completion %..

But as we saw on Sunday, he has the arm to take those deep shots when they are there. That dart he threw on that seam route was nice.

He was the perfect guy to take over after Brees. Letting Teddy go never made sense to me. All I can say is, Payton is super high on Taysom. He sees something in the guy that very few do. I have faith that there's a plan for post-Brees Saints that isn't some sh#tshow search for a QB like what's been going on in Denver.

What I find fascinating is how so many suddenly are enamored by Teddy now. Especially when countless posters dragged for him during games, because he held the ball so long and wouldn’t pull the trigger.
Amnesia has hit this board hard.

I love Teddy. I even made a thread before the season about how I’d still be rooting for him even though he plays for our rival. What I won’t do is rewrite history and act like I didn’t read(and participate) in threads lamenting how conservative and meandering our offense was w/him under center. I swear I recall the same ones crying about us not re-signing him, were previously begging the front office not to make the mistake of pinning our hopes on TB’s “mediocre“ arm. Some even complained about his body language after a bad series.

In my opinion, Teddy is a top shelf second tier QB with potential to be bottom cabinet top tier. I honestly don’t think anything he did yesterday is beyond what Jameis can do. I don’t fault the office for letting him walk, IF they truly see Taysom as the heir. Now, Taysom actually being heir capable is a worthy debate that should continue. But, I don’t think the front office did the wrong thing regarding Teddy Two Gloves.

Jenkins has not played well. Neither has anyone else in the secondary. Hopefully everyone gets it together and the move looks better come playoff time.

Teddy signed a $20 M a year deal for 3 years and Brady signed a $25 APY/2 year deal. Even if we had wanted to push Brees into retirement, it would’ve been impossible to come anywhere close to matching those offers with Brees’ dead cap hit.

I agree with Jenkins and not signing TB...Jenkins is old and he too much into his social campaign which I'm not against, but he's not focused in helping the team ....Bad signing in my opinion ..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom