FO offseason mistakes (1 Viewer)

I’ve been a member of this board since 1998. And in that 22 years, I cannot recall more angst and unhappiness with a 4-2 team that has won 3 straight games.

I think everyone got comfortable with running away with a trash division the past 3 seasons. Now that there is a legit contender in the South to challenge the Saints - it seems like some people are coming unglued at the idea of actually having to earn the division again.

We are 4-2, on a 3 game win streak. Just because we aren’t the media darlings and Brady isn’t falling on his face, doesn’t mean we have to start pointing to offseason failings in week 6.

Let the season breathe a little. Let’s see where we are in a few weeks.

What I find fascinating is how so many suddenly are enamored by Teddy now. Especially when countless posters dragged for him during games, because he held the ball so long and wouldn’t pull the trigger.
Amnesia has hit this board hard.

I love Teddy. I even made a thread before the season about how I’d still be rooting for him even though he plays for our rival. What I won’t do is rewrite history and act like I didn’t read(and participate) in threads lamenting how conservative and meandering our offense was w/him under center. I swear I recall the same ones crying about us not re-signing him, were previously begging the front office not to make the mistake of pinning our hopes on TB’s “mediocre“ arm. Some even complained about his body language after a bad series.

In my opinion, Teddy is a top shelf second tier QB with potential to be bottom cabinet top tier. I honestly don’t think anything he did yesterday is beyond what Jameis can do. I don’t fault the office for letting him walk, IF they truly see Taysom as the heir. Now, Taysom actually being heir capable is a worthy debate that should continue. But, I don’t think the front office did the wrong thing regarding Teddy Two Gloves.
A year is longtime in the football world,, hard to tell how the market will shape up come up free agency and the draft. With the QB options available these days I dont get too caught up with QB succession plans. There is way more Qb talent than say even just 10 years ago.

ooo. You got Andrus involved...You are in trouble Mr. Just Kidding. My take is not resigning Vonn Bell. Signing Jenkins. Maybe resigning Peat. I can understand not resigning Bridgewater because Brees decided to come back. Even if Brees retire, I was not all in on signing Brady. I rather take with whatever we have and rebuild our quarterback through the draft.

Let’s re-visit this thread when the Bucs are division champs and see if we’re still enjoying that week one win.

More interested in a Super Bowl championship honestly. I get that one usually accompanies the other, but not always. Mainly I'm just quoting this for easy future reference.

More interested in a Super Bowl championship honestly. I get that one usually accompanies the other, but not always. Mainly I'm just quoting this for easy future reference.

I believe the Saints have a better chance as a wildcard to win the championship. They seem to let down when they are heavy favorites under Sean Payton.

I never said that Brees was worse than Brady or Bridgewater. My point was that they went to a division rival and it improved their roster... Brady being the most pivotal

Got it. So we should have kept Bridgewater and got Brady and stashed them back on the practice squad.

Brilliant. Brees, Brady Bridgewater!

Got it. So we should have kept Bridgewater and got Brady and stashed them back on the practice squad.

Brilliant. Brees, Brady Bridgewater!

Oh yeah man! Because that’s what I was saying!!

I had a feeling that a thread like this would pop up after the Bucs signed AB.

Ive been feeling like this ever since I heard in the offseason that Tom Brady was interested in signing with us. Brady Quinn was the first to report it and come to find out it was true, but Brees decided to come back.

Halfway into the season and it pretty much feels confirmed. We missed out on a great player and that great player went to the second best team in the division. It seems like common sense guys, but y’all think that this is some chicken little thread lol

Ive been feeling like this ever since I heard in the offseason that Tom Brady was interested in signing with us. Brady Quinn was the first to report it and come to find out it was true, but Brees decided to come back.

Halfway into the season and it pretty much feels confirmed. We missed out on a great player and that great player went to the second best team in the division. It seems like common sense guys, but y’all think that this is some chicken little thread lol

So it’s Brees’ fault that the defense continues to suck? Got it. Sometimes I can’t tell if the Saints are 4-2 or 1-4 with some of these threads. But hey, here we are and it’s 2020.

I’ve been a member of this board since 1998. And in that 22 years, I cannot recall more angst and unhappiness with a 4-2 team that has won 3 straight games.

I think everyone got comfortable with running away with a trash division the past 3 seasons. Now that there is a legit contender in the South to challenge the Saints - it seems like some people are coming unglued at the idea of actually having to earn the division again.

We are 4-2, on a 3 game win streak.
AND, I might add, a victory over said contender.
I mean, we’re .5 games back with a tiebreak advantage. We play them again to have a chance for another game and we play ATL when they have their bye.

Last edited:
The only thing I am questioning is Jenkins. Not necessarily from a play standpoint but more for locker room. I don't know if him being on the team hurts or helps at this point. Jury may still be out.

Not doing something about Marcus Williams has obviously been an issue. Should have kept Bell?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom