FO offseason mistakes (1 Viewer)

Oh yeah man! Because that’s what I was saying!!

Well, I do speak English as a first language and that is exactly what you said, no?

1. Signing Malcolm Jenkins
2. Not signing Brady (How can you tell Brees that he can’t come back?)
3. Not re-signing Bridgewater

So far these are looking like the biggest mistakes of the offseason that directly helped the NFC South’s chances of dethroning the Saints.

Giving Taysom 16mil for 2021 when we didn't have to looks like a big mistake. Even if we want out of it he'll cost us 11mil in dead money.
Agreed. And I like the guy.

OP, on what planet to we tell Brees no and Brady yes? The difference is negligible. Would you rather Tampa pick up Brees?

Giving Taysom 16mil for 2021 when we didn't have to looks like a big mistake. Even if we want out of it he'll cost us 11mil in dead money.
I like Taysom as well, but to me he sure hasn't progressed and diversified this year with the way he is being used. For the money we payed him I expected Coach Payton to incorporate him much more into the offense, which has not happened yet. Big investment and to date absolutely no results justifying that. That was a headscratcher when it happened, but at the time I gave the Coach the benefit of the doubt with how he was going to utilize him this year.

They gave Taysom the money because they expect him to be the QB when Drew retires. They didn't sign Teddy and Winston to be Drews replacement. You don't want your #2 QB out there running around on every play then have to come in as QB. Imo, SP has decided TH will be Drew Brees heir apparant.

They gave Taysom the money because they expect him to be the QB when Drew retires. They didn't sign Teddy and Winston to be Drews replacement. You don't want your #2 QB out there running around on every play then have to come in as QB. Imo, SP has decided TH will be Drew Brees heir apparant.

You would hope so with that kind of investment. I'm not feeling good about it. He doesn't look good when he's in there.

You can't really judge a QB from 3 or 4 snaps a game.. Hopefully SP sees what we don't.

There's no way to defend giving him 16mil for next year a year early. What if he came in for 5 games this year and sucked? We're stuck. We should've waited until after this season to do anything with his contract.

I like Taysom as well, but to me he sure hasn't progressed and diversified this year with the way he is being used. For the money we payed him I expected Coach Payton to incorporate him much more into the offense, which has not happened yet. Big investment and to date absolutely no results justifying that. That was a headscratcher when it happened, but at the time I gave the Coach the benefit of the doubt with how he was going to utilize him this year.
But if you look at the way its structured he has a base salary of 841k this year and 10.7M next year, right in line with the role he’s playing this year and is expected to play next year.

To late to worry about what did or didn't happen in the off season, Been a crazy 2020 with no kinda camps,workouts and a number of injuries only thing Saints can do is make roster moves or stay put with the player's they have in house and look to improve in all areas going forward. Coaching, Gameplan, and Execution.

So far these are looking like the biggest mistakes of the offseason that directly helped the NFC South’s chances of dethroning the Saints.
Someone found Hunter's pipe

How are we going to resign Teddy and lure Brady here? Teddy ain't signing unless he starts and Brady and coming over here if he isn't starting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom