Fontainebleau Hotel? (1 Viewer)

Peet

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Does this place still exist and where exactly was it located. When I was around 11/12yrs. old our dixie youth all-star team played in the state tournament somewhere down(Houma maybe?) there and we stayed at this hotel. It seemed to be old at that time and I was wondering if it was still operating. If I'm not mistaken Paul Hardy was staying there at the same time and he was running for governor I think. Hard to forget that because he gave our team shirts, hats, buttons etc. We were all excited with that stuff:hihi: Anyway I saw in another thread where someone mentioned Fontainebleau and it got me thinking.

It is still standing but is operating as a mini-storage facility (or was up to the storm). It's at the corner of S. Carrollton and Airline Highway.

TPS

I pulled a guy out of the bottom of the pool there when I was about 17. He was limp and just sunk to the bottom while his family was blabbering in Indian (dot not feather) at the top.

Of course, that was when Security Sporting Goods still existed, so it was about 10,000 years ago.

We were using it as band practice space about ten years ago, along with a bunch of other local bands. Fred LeBlanc came over angry one day because my ex was aping on "Jenny Says". that was classic.

It's still there, but not sure what condition it's in, or how many units are storage and how many are still practice spaces. The hallways and stairwells were pretty punked out.

When I was young, we would meet the Sunset Limited train there to pick up my aunt from Houston instead of going to the Union Passenger Terminal to meet her. For some reason, it would stop there before it pulled into the Terminal, which is crazy since the Terminal was just a few blocks away. It was quite a hotel in its day.

When I was young, we would meet the Sunset Limited train there to pick up my aunt from Houston instead of going to the Union Passenger Terminal to meet her. For some reason, it would stop there before it pulled into the Terminal, which is crazy since the Terminal was just a few blocks away. It was quite a hotel in its day.

Wow, that's pretty cool. I didn't know that.

It was quite a hotel in its day.

I can't even remember what it looked like just it's name, but it seems it was known as a famous hotel:dunno:

Anybody else remember back in the 70s when Buddy D lost a bet regarding the Saints and he had to jump in the Fontainebleau Hotel pool filled with ice?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom