food delivery (1 Viewer)

worthy food delivery service

• waitr

• uber eats

• doordash

• grubhub

• tacoes 4 lyfe

Results are only viewable after voting.
doordash is forking terrible. i haven't used grubhub. waitr has the best app. uber eats i've used more than once. good experience.

just curious.

Last edited:
I’ve never used any of them, even pre-shutdown.. i even stopped getting pizzas delivered years ago.. Why? Becuase I’m a control freak, and hated waiting around for my food to be delivered, which could sometimes take an hour or more, and half the time it was cold by the time it got to me.

So for years, I’ve been ordering to-go/takeout instead of delivery, and i have to say, the one silver lining of the pandemic is that it seems like restaurants and their employees have been MUCH friendlier and receptive to take out orders since this all began.. in the past, i sometimes got treated as if i were costing them money when doing a to-go order, even though i always tip.. so that’s been nice.

We use doordash and have had no issues.

I’ve never used any of them, even pre-shutdown.. i even stopped getting pizzas delivered years ago.. Why? Becuase I’m a control freak, and hated waiting around for my food to be delivered, which could sometimes take an hour or more, and half the time it was cold by the time it got to me.

So for years, I’ve been ordering to-go/takeout instead of delivery, and i have to say, the one silver lining of the pandemic is that it seems like restaurants and their employees have been MUCH friendlier and receptive to take out orders since this all began.. in the past, i sometimes got treated as if i were costing them money when doing a to-go order, even though i always tip.. so that’s been nice.
i totally understand. i've only started since march.

trial and error. doordash has been the worst for me. always something missing or wrong when an order is put in.

uber eats seems to have been fairly consistent.

waitr has been good because the restaurants have a console with the detailed order. zero issues so far. batting 1000. at least 15 orders.

doordash i have yet to have a correct order. 9 orders. butt crevasses.

uber eats had been about 75% accurate. 11 orders.

It depends on the restaurant I want.

Sometimes Doordash. Sometimes Grubhub.

It's convenient.

But I've had some serious problems with wrong orders and drivers that take forever.

If the driver is late, some foods do not warm up well.

Fried eggs for example.

MUCH friendlier and receptive to take out orders since this all began.. in the past, i sometimes got treated as if i were costing them money when doing a to-go order, even though i always tip.. so that’s been nice.
Ha, Ive always thought the same, shame on me for placing a To Go order.

I don't use any of them but my sister is always raving about grubhub so I voted for that. :shrug:

I've only ever used GrubHub and UberEats. They both seem the same to me. I only use each service once a month because my credit cards give me a monthly credit to use or lose. Otherwise, I am the food delivery person for my home.

Ha, Ive always thought the same, shame on me for placing a To Go order.
part of the issue is how the restaurant
is set up for receiving orders. very few have it to where the bartenders (almost always the preparer) get a portion of the profit.

i used to only use these services for pickup only. reason? exactly what i just mentioned.

when you tip, it all goes to the driver. i don't see that as fair. this is how a majority of restaurants have it set up.

50/50 would be a much better system. if you have not worked in the food industry, you won't understand the painstakingly side issue dealing with to go orders, while making drinks for customers and the bar crowd. it is generally a pointless part of the job. rarely are you tipped and the delivery services magnify the problem.

I'm the same way. I never put my finger on it but the control issue is probably a good suspect for me. I usually couple restaurant visits with some other thing I need to get out for and call 15 minutes ahead.

Now what pisses me off is the businesses (I am assuming they have been burned by no shows) who wait until you get there to drop your food. We have to get past that shirt.

Ive only used Uber Eats when I travel, while staying at my fly out hotel because I'm sometimes just too tired from working and driving back to the big city to fly out, oh and Hotel restaurants suck for the most part at least most Hilton's do. Ive always had great luck but one time in San Antonio after the driver arrived and left, I found myself singing "My Hooptie" on the way back to the room and questioned whether I should eat the delivery or not, the car was very ragged out and I think he lived in it.

I'm the same way. I never put my finger on it but the control issue is probably a good suspect for me. I usually couple restaurant visits with some other thing I need to get out for and call 15 minutes ahead.

Now what pisses me off is the businesses (I am assuming they have been burned by no shows) who wait until you get there to drop your food. We have to get past that shirt.

I dont live in New Orleans anymore, but when i did, i found that NOLA restaurants were especially egregious in re to to-go orders... i actually had a couple places tell me that I couldn’t call in a to-go order, i had to come into the restaurant, order, then sit and wait for it to be made... i guess they were trying to squeeze additional profit out of me (?) but that kinda defeats the purpose of placing a takeout order.. . at one point a couple years ago, i lived down the street from a well known restaurant /bar in the Warehouse District that I’d walk to all the time.. then they started changing their takeout policy from week to week.. one week it was whatever I wanted, the next week it was you have to come in and order, then the next week i wasnt allowed to place a takeout order at all.. i mean, your policy is your policy, but just pick one and go with it.

Lately, ive actually had restaurants write ‘Thank You for your Support’ on the box my food comes in, what a nice change.

I dont live in New Orleans anymore, but when i did, i found that NOLA restaurants were especially egregious in re to to-go orders... i actually had a couple places tell me that I couldn’t call in a to-go order, i had to come into the restaurant, order, then sit and wait for it to be made... i guess they were trying to squeeze additional profit out of me (?) but that kinda defeats the purpose of placing a takeout order.. . at one point a couple years ago, i lived down the street from a well known restaurant /bar in the Warehouse District that I’d walk to all the time.. then they started changing their takeout policy from week to week.. one week it was whatever I wanted, the next week it was you have to come in and order, then the next week i wasnt allowed to place a takeout order at all.. i mean, your policy is your policy, but just pick one and go with it.

Lately, ive actually had restaurants write ‘Thank You for your Support’ on the box my food comes in, what a nice change.

I have only run into it once recently but considering the point is to avoid loitering right now it pisses me off even more than usual. If they told me over the phone they don't cook until I arrive I would have said no problem and kindly given someone else my business.

Most are doing a real good job right now and clearly really appreciate the business. Domilise and Kim Anh stand out as going above and beyond on the take out recently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom