Food From Cloned Animals Seems Safe, a Panel Finds (1 Viewer)

I personally could care less but since many (millions) have deep moral concerns with eating cloned animals then I think it would only be fair to label the difference so the consumer has the choice. Remember when laws favored the consumer instead of big business?

I think that it will be great. Imagine taking the finest cow in existence and reproducing that cow so that everybody will have access to the finest meat and yields of that meat are so high that costs drop.

There will still be differences in quality for the top end steak houses. What the animal eats, water quality, weather, slaughter techniques, butchering, aging, and preparation will all still make a huge difference.

The only problems that I see here is if we allow the bovine gene pool to dwindle to the point that the species becomes endangered and diseases will be more deadly to the species because the animals will be genetically similar.

Not really a need to do this with chickens. They all taste the same.

I personally could care less but since many (millions) have deep moral concerns with eating cloned animals then I think it would only be fair to label the difference so the consumer has the choice. Remember when laws favored the consumer instead of big business?

What about artificial inseminated animals?

Plants from cuttings instead of seeds? (same as cloning BTW)

/just asking..

There's already a problem with the diets of "real" animals, so now it's just compounded by a mass production assembly line constantly popping these puppies out at will (literally). I wonder how they will be able to provide enough "real" food for these cute little extras when it's already an issue feeding the present stock of dead animal walking. What will they feed them then? A special "diet" of a modified food source laced with all the growth hormones it can take? They already fatten em up to the point that their legs can't sustain the massive weight anymore.

BTW, that one way a plant reproduces. That's not a way that animals reproduce.

BTW, that one way a plant reproduces. That's not a way that animals reproduce.

NOPE...tomatoes don't reproduce naturally by cuttings. SOME PLANTS DO not all. What about grafting citrus? Satsumas are completely man made and can NEVER occur naturally. Same thing biologically. BUT then again..is it because these animals would be man made and thats too close to playing God?

You missed the point of cloning, its not to produce many at one time its to use a "super cow" to produce copies of itself with out sexual reproduction adding variation which could result in losing a trait. This cow would/could have higher feed conversion ratios and higher resistant to disease...so it would need less hormones and less drugs to get it to market.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom