Food in Baton Rouge? (1 Viewer)

I'd say he should check out Sammy's on Highland.
Definitely this.

I haven't lived in Baton Rouge for 13 years, but other than Chili's (obviously) the food I ate most often was cheese hashbrowns at Louie's between 2:00 and 4:00 a.m. If your friend is very young, very broke, and very high, I highly recommend it.

Louie's was always the ultimate late nite drunk food place!

I hear there's a nice Chili's there. :idunno::hihi:

I think this thread will get Chili soon :hihi:

izndvr.gif

....well other than Chili's.

, but other than Chili's (obviously)

Yawn...

Downtown, go to the Little Village or Capital Grill. Little Village is the best though IMO....well other than Chili's.

Edit...just looked at the list. Apparently, they sort by alphabetical order but include "the". It is The Little Village.

Yep....thats about it right there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

There is a Chop House around the corner from the Hilton. I think someone on this board has a connection there. Of the restaurants I have eaten at in that immediate area, Little Village was the best. There's a popular sushi place there, but I think you overpay to eat mediocre sushi for the view. I never ate at no fancy Supper Club like Ted.

There is a Chop House around the corner from the Hilton. I think someone on this board has a connection there. Of the restaurants I have eaten at in that immediate area, Little Village was the best. There's a popular sushi place there, but I think you overpay to eat mediocre sushi for the view. I never ate at no fancy Supper Club like Ted.

My wife is a big fan of Texas De Brazil. Not the best meat to but if your friend likes to eat, well he may blow an artery.

How do you guys feel about the Chophouse? Wife and I went to the CBD location and didn't like it.

Every year this thread comes out and every year the NOLA superiority complex rears its' head. Everyone knows NOLA food is better, but for the size of the city BR food is better than almost anywhere else. The Little Village is a very good recommendation- get the manicotti. I'd say for Italian, Gino's is actually better and far better than any NOLA Italian place.

I like TJ Ribs and Ninfas (I don't own stock)

My wife is a big fan of Texas De Brazil. Not the best meat to but if your friend likes to eat, well he may blow an artery.

How do you guys feel about the Chophouse? Wife and I went to the CBD location and didn't like it.

If you're talking about the Chop House in NOLA, I was pleasantly surprised.

We were there around Christmas with a walk-in party of 10 including 4 kids. Not only was the food good, but the service was good and they dealt very well with 4 little meatatarians.

Lafayette Street has Capital City Grill and Tsunamis (on top of Shaw center overlooking river). There's Stroube's Chop House on 3rd street around the corner. Azteca up river a couple blocks (the old little village) has great Mexican and is new. Little Village for Italian fair is on 3rd Street.

If he wants to get out of downtown try Mike Anderson's, Parrains, or TJ Ribs (baseball cut sirloin FTW).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom