Explained Football, cascading mistakes, and the inescapability of 'inertia' (1 Viewer)

Each year my reluctance to renew my season tickets increases, but it is not due to the Saints organization and how they handle things. Even when they do knucklehead things. Those knuckleheads had me hooked on their first game when I was in the third grade.

If I ditch my tickets it's because the overall lack of integrity of the NFL and the game is pushing me away. There are ways to improve officiating, but they avoid them and keep a degree of ambiguity and interpretation to the rules. Draw your own conclusions. I have. I don't want to believe the game isn't on the up & up, but my eyes tell me differently. And I'm P.O.ed because I've always loved the game.
I feel your pain. I could live with a couple of bad seasons but the NFL is unrecognizable to one that existed in the late 60s or even 80s. The emphasis on high scoring and splashy passing offenses is only achieved by artificially hamstringing the defense with questionable rules and discretionary interpretations. The biggest plays on any given week involve pass interference. And sometimes Super Bowl berths.

And the product on the field is pretty mediocre. It's all about who has the best QB/passing game.

But the NFL has no motivation to make any corredtions in their way of doing things. They're making money hand over fist and networks are begging them take their money. Everybody wants in on that gravy train.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom