Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings - OLBs (1 Viewer)

FootballCEO

Milne Raiders
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/QbQQ0Tr-oF8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/QbQQ0Tr-oF8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Good afternoon Saintsreport! Here's my OLB 2013 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings.. Enjoy!

Em

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Jordan Cambell is definitely a name to keep an eye out for. He seems like a very talented middle linebacker prospect. Scherebis Has a high motor and might surprise as an undrafted type.

I'm Kinda surprised that you didn't include names like

Ezekiel Ansah
Corey Lemonier
Devin Taylor
& Armonty Bryant

2012 NFL Draft: South Carolina's Devin Taylor a Man Without a Position | Bleacher Report

as 3-4 outside linebacker types.

Steven Means
of Buffallo seems like a sleeper 3-4 linebacker to me too and has 18 career sacks.

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
True OLB...

guys like devin taylor/ ansah r still considerd DE's...tht can possibly stand up

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
True OLB...

guys like devin taylor/ ansah r still considerd DE's...tht can possibly stand up

As are nearly every successfull 3-4 olber ever.

Terrell Suggs, Aldon Smith, Clay Matthews, Rickey Jackson...drafting for the 3-4 is mostly about making projections for 4-3 tweeners.

OP
FootballCEO

FootballCEO

Milne Raiders
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/4tWcKWzNIUk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/4tWcKWzNIUk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Here's the DE video in case you guys are looking for some of the names mentioned

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
<object height="360" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/4tWcKWzNIUk?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="360" width="640"></object>

Here's the DE video in case you guys are looking for some of the names mentioned
Ansah and Mingo are legit top 15 picks, not 2nd rounders. I stopped watching after that.

OP
FootballCEO

FootballCEO

Milne Raiders
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Ansah and Mingo are legit top 15 picks, not 2nd rounders. I stopped watching after that.
Maybe in ESPN & Mass Media eyes.. I my eyes they are not. Sorry..just because its on TV doesn't make it fact. People thought I was crazy when I gave Russell Wilson a 1st Rd grade in January...

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Maybe in ESPN & Mass Media eyes.. I my eyes they are not. Sorry..just because its on TV doesn't make it fact. People thought I was crazy when I gave Russell Wilson a 1st Rd grade in January...
Why do you think Taylor was so ineffective across from Clowney this year? Who would you say is the Saints best option at pick 15 in helping the new 3-4 defense? Thanks.

OP
FootballCEO

FootballCEO

Milne Raiders
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Why do you think Taylor was so ineffective across from Clowney this year? Who would you say is the Saints best option at pick 15 in helping the new 3-4 defense? Thanks.
I think most of Taylor's issue came with the weight gain. When he was about 255-265 he was more explosive. He dominated all week at the East-West Shrine Game.

I think the Saints have to address that secondary. I honestly think they already have some solid pieces in place in the Front-7 for a 3-4 switch (Now some guys like Will Smith may have to take a pay cut) but I think they need playmakers in the backend.. So if I were picking at 15, I'd look for guys like Jonathan Banks CB Miss. St., David Amerson CB/FS NC State. If I wanted to go front 7, I'd go Dion Jordan or Datone Jones. Now..if I had that Harrah's itch..I'd go Tyrann Mathieu (I'd take the gamble only because I don't have a 2nd Rd pick)

jes1774

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think most of Taylor's issue came with the weight gain. When he was about 255-265 he was more explosive. He dominated all week at the East-West Shrine Game.

I think the Saints have to address that secondary. I honestly think they already have some solid pieces in place in the Front-7 for a 3-4 switch (Now some guys like Will Smith may have to take a pay cut) but I think they need playmakers in the backend.. So if I were picking at 15, I'd look for guys like Jonathan Banks CB Miss. St., David Amerson CB/FS NC State. If I wanted to go front 7, I'd go Dion Jordan or Datone Jones. Now..if I had that Harrah's itch..I'd go Tyrann Mathieu (I'd take the gamble only because I don't have a 2nd Rd pick)
Little Dayne doing work :worthy::worthy:

Em, I agree with the above, but do you think the saints need an upgrade at NT over Bunkley? Personally, Im holding out hope that Ed Reed comes home to upgrade the secondary, but with the salary cap situation that may not be possible

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)