Football is here!! (1 Viewer)

Very nice win on the road for ULL, 31-14 against #23 Iowa State!!! Great start for the season...

Go Cajuns!!!!!

Geaux Cajuns! And they're ranked 19th in the AP poll. Highest in school history i believe. First time ever beating a top 25 team on the road. That said Appalachian State is also in the Sun Belt and they're ranked 23rd iirc. ULL vs App State is gonna be huge. The winner between them, maybe even both, should get a solid bowl opportunity. We'll see.

One more week till SEC time :) guessing PAC-12 will vote to start the season around same time as BIG 10

One more week till SEC time :) guessing PAC-12 will vote to start the season around same time as BIG 10
I'm really glad to see that both UL Lafayette and Tulane is getting some national TV exposure today.
I just wish the networks weren't showing both games at 11:00am CDT. :hm:
Looks like I'll be having to go with two screens and pretending my TV room is a sports bar. :scratch:

Cajuns took the lead. 28-21 now. Early 4th quarter. Green Wave tied up. Gotta get going there!

Phew, Cajuns won in OT. Tough game after the big win last week. Be nice to stay in the top 20 for a few weeks.

The Green Wave had that game in there back pocket, and then gave it away.

As upset as I was about their long pass on 4th & 3 in the waning minutes of the game, the Tulane receiver was definitely held by the defender which kept him from reaching the pass that was just out of his reach.

But there is NO excuse for losing any game that you are up 24-0 in the third quarter.
This isn't Atlanta!!! :hm:

Cajuns trying to go to 3-0 today vs. Georgia Southern. Close game in first half. Cajun Field at 25% capacity, so it's technically sold out. Lol.

7-7 late in first half.

Haha, wow. Cajuns kicked a 53 yard fg on last play of the game. Kicker was 2-5 on fgs to start the season. Comes in and kicks the long game winner and Cajuns go to 3-0 for first time since Brian Mitchell was there. Geaux Cajuns!!!

Some may not realize, but the Cajuns were down several key players because of covid positive tests, so that hurt them vs GS. They had a redshirt freshman starting at RT and he was having a hard time. And they were down their best RB. Really fortunate to win the game today.

Some may not realize, but the Cajuns were down several key players because of covid positive tests, so that hurt them vs GS. They had a redshirt freshman starting at RT and he was having a hard time. And they were down their best RB. Really fortunate to win the game today.

I did not realize that much better win under those circumstances.... However looks like Oklahoma is the first to not make the playoffs from last years top 4 :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom