Football Junkies (1 Viewer)

Treybad

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
So there are some more football leagues starting up AAF this year and XFL next year, was curious if you football junkies would like to see the same rules as the NFL? talking about the game rules none of the officiating stuff...

you know something to spice it up maybe....

Thinking that no Punts/Kickoffs , start the half with offense on their 30 yard line. Get 4 downs to get 10 yards or the other team gets the ball. Now I am just not sure if it be more interesting to let the opponents offense to take over right there or have them start on their 30 yard line..... Also if at the end of regulation and the game is tied, then each team gets one drive starting at the opponents 20 yard line and no field goals allowed. After each teams attempt to score a TD whoever succeeds wins, if they both succeed then you redo the scenario each team starts at the opponents 20 yard line.

Anyways anyone else have some cool ideas?

O/T is basically like college football minus FG/PAT! No need for a kicker or punter on the roster. I think I read that the scoring team will have the option of keeping the ball themselves (after TD) and basically getting a 4th and 10 at their own 35.

The AAF isn't trying to compete with NFL they're trying to compliment it, unlike the USFL and soon to be Mc Mahon XFL.

I dont like taking the kicking game out of football. The Field position battle is one of the most important strategies in the sport.

A good thing to happen would be a nfc/AFC type merger between the two eventually. IMO

A good thing to happen would be a nfc/AFC type merger between the two eventually. IMO
That’ll never happen. The NFL basically already has every city or region covered.

https://www.cbssports.com/aaf/news/...e-things-to-know-for-new-pro-football-league/

Key rules to know
Ebersol has made it a point to note that there's more that makes the AAF and the NFL similar than different. That said, the AAF has introduced a handful of interesting, key differences that separate it from the NFL.

• Play clock: The AAF's play clock will be 35 seconds, five seconds shorter than the NFL's. Anything less, Ebersol believes, will actually make the games longer due to sloppier play that results in stoppages through incomplete passes, penalties and the like.
  • Timeouts/challenges: There are no television timeouts during games and an ongoing effort to have fewer commercials to reduce overall game time to roughly 150 minutes instead of 180 minutes in the NFL. Additionally, replays will be limited to two coach's challenges for either team.
  • Kickoffs: There are no kickoffs; instead, teams will start drives from their own 25-yard lines. In lieu of an onside kick, each team will have a "fourth-and-10" from their 35-yard line. If the offense converts for a first down, it keeps the ball. These alterations were designed not only with player safety in mind, but as a reaction to what NFL fans find to be among the least interesting parts of the game.
  • Two-point conversions: There will be no extra point attempts after touchdowns, only two-point conversions.
  • Overtimes: To help keep games within a two-and-a-half hour time slot, there will be one overtime session. Each team will start an offensive possession from the 10-yard line, and just like in regulation, two-point conversions are required. Games can end in a tie after the overtime period.

That’ll never happen. The NFL basically already has every city or region covered.
The NFL is losing fans left and right. Half the guys at my Superbowl party this year said they didn't watch a game all year. With proper competition they're no longer invincible. The new leagues need great leadership with a clear vision. The problem with aaf is they've already allowed the NFL to get their hand in the cookie jar. I will not support another league ran by the NFL.

The NFL is losing fans left and right. Half the guys at my Superbowl party this year said they didn't watch a game all year. With proper competition they're no longer invincible. The new leagues need great leadership with a clear vision. The problem with aaf is they've already allowed the NFL to get their hand in the cookie jar. I will not support another league ran by the NFL.
Even with the ratings dip, the NFL still has the best numbers. The top 48 of 50 programs were NFL games.

I meant for the AFL and the XFL to team up and make a larger league. Not for them to join the NFL. No, that could never happen and I wouldn't want it too. The NFL is the perfect size right now.

ugg missed that part were the NFL was supporting the AAF... no wonder the name is crap lol thought that was a horrible name for a new league....

Even with the ratings dip, the NFL still has the best numbers. The top 48 of 50 programs were NFL games.
I agree.....they're still the big dogs on the block but they've stumbled. I know several people that have went from die hard fans to not watching at all. That says alot about the direction the league has went the last couple years. How many more of those hits can they take? Not near as many if there's a legit competitor out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom