Football minds needed (bunch formations) (1 Viewer)

Bunch formations, to my understanding, are great at assisting receivers in getting open quickly. You can easily flood a zone or create natural rubs vs man coverage. I think most plays out of a bunch formation are going to be a quick pass or a perimeter run, so it's kind of ideal for the defense to blitz in that situation; if one guy misses, you're going to get decent gains.

To oversimplify it, it creates confusion first and foremost. It beats man with confusing short crossing and slant routes and beats zone by having a bunch of options in one part of the zone.

So wouldn't we need a pretty strong OL to make this formation better? I mean a strong OL will work with any formation, but i feel like LB can pin their ears back, drawing attention in the middle and leaving the outside wide open for Safeties and CB blitzes.

Also aren't our WRs talented enough to get their own separation now. I can see needing it before with lesser talent at the wideout but with our current crew is talented enough to create their own space.

It's also effective in setting up blocks on the perimeter by WR's in a quick WR screen. Which we all know Payton loves to run. Sometimes too often.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom