Football Outsiders defensive stats (1 Viewer)

jmalon3

One-of-a-Kind
Reaction score

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest I am on record with my prediction of 12-4 and sticking with it but with that said that was our only weakness on D in preseason was short passes to RB and TE so I'm hoping we fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest I am on record with my prediction of 12-4 and sticking with it but with that said that was our only weakness on D in preseason was short passes to RB and TE so I'm hoping we fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think both are probably by design. I noticed we gave up very little over the top via the pre-season. I actually heard about more busted coverages in practice than we actually saw wide open guys in pre-season which is good because it means we are doing some things behind the scenes in practice (disguise) that didn't make it to the pre-season games.

With that being said when you are taking away everything Deep RB check downs are going to happen. And when you are playing Cover 3 the seams are going to be attacked where the TE's and slot WR's usually reside.

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I wonder how much of an impact the significantly reduced pass interference penalties will have? It might make more of a dent than any player we have acquired.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom