Football Outsiders defensive stats (1 Viewer)

jmalon3

One-of-a-Kind
Reaction score

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest I am on record with my prediction of 12-4 and sticking with it but with that said that was our only weakness on D in preseason was short passes to RB and TE so I'm hoping we fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest I am on record with my prediction of 12-4 and sticking with it but with that said that was our only weakness on D in preseason was short passes to RB and TE so I'm hoping we fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think both are probably by design. I noticed we gave up very little over the top via the pre-season. I actually heard about more busted coverages in practice than we actually saw wide open guys in pre-season which is good because it means we are doing some things behind the scenes in practice (disguise) that didn't make it to the pre-season games.

With that being said when you are taking away everything Deep RB check downs are going to happen. And when you are playing Cover 3 the seams are going to be attacked where the TE's and slot WR's usually reside.

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I wonder how much of an impact the significantly reduced pass interference penalties will have? It might make more of a dent than any player we have acquired.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cincy Saint Football Outsiders predict Saints-Chiefs Super Bowl Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
WATCH: Week 2 preview video, Saints and Raiders on Monday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints social media reactions to Joe Burrow’s Thursday Night Football debut Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bengals vs. Browns: Thursday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
woohoosaint Roddy White gets consideration for Pro Football HoF...but Colston doesn't Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 47
El Caliente N/S Pro Football Hall of Fame First Year Nominees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 24
Social media reactions to Monday Night Football snoozefest Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Titans vs. Broncos: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Steelers vs. Giants: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Making sense of pandemic football policies in New Orleans while applying common sense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Twitter reactions to Chiefs dominating win on Thursday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Consiglieri Football season: chance of happening is approaching 100% Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 11
superchuck500 It's going to be sloppy - just chill and be happy we have football Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
RedJem We made it... Football is back!! Season opener / Saints updates 9-10-20 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
El Caliente Happy 1st Day of NFL Football Everyone Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Andrus Saints Forecast: I really need Saints football SR News Page Articles 0
Is the Saints defensive line primed for a big 2020? 'We could be special' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
guidomerkinsrules what's the new defensive celebration? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Andrus PFF: C.J. Gardner-Johnson led the NFL's defensive backs in Week 1 stops SR News Page Articles 0
Taker597 Honestly, it was a really underrated defensive/special team showcase that helped a rusty offense. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22