Football Outsiders defensive stats (1 Viewer)

jmalon3

One-of-a-Kind
Reaction score
To be honest I am on record with my prediction of 12-4 and sticking with it but with that said that was our only weakness on D in preseason was short passes to RB and TE so I'm hoping we fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest I am on record with my prediction of 12-4 and sticking with it but with that said that was our only weakness on D in preseason was short passes to RB and TE so I'm hoping we fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think both are probably by design. I noticed we gave up very little over the top via the pre-season. I actually heard about more busted coverages in practice than we actually saw wide open guys in pre-season which is good because it means we are doing some things behind the scenes in practice (disguise) that didn't make it to the pre-season games.

With that being said when you are taking away everything Deep RB check downs are going to happen. And when you are playing Cover 3 the seams are going to be attacked where the TE's and slot WR's usually reside.

I wonder how much of an impact the significantly reduced pass interference penalties will have? It might make more of a dent than any player we have acquired.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom