Football season: chance of happening is approaching 0% (1 Viewer)

Negative I do think it makes the NFL rethink players not all being in one location at least as a team . Best case would be for there to be 32 Bubbles for each franchise and hope for the best

Ive been thinking about this and what about getting 6-8 neutral sites and keeping 4-6 teams in a bubble at each city. The teams can stay at one location for a month or so, rotate games between the teams staying at that particular spot. They should easily be able to play all the games on Sunday/Monday if they play early AM games like they do when they go to London all the way to multiple night games.

After the teams have rotated through each other. They can all have a bye week, continue testing to so that they don’t move it from city to city and if players are clear move on to the next cite where they are paired up with different teams.

I think keeping it in an nfc vs nfc and afc vs afc format would be doable for a 12 game season and sorting out each conference before a playoff scenario.

I think doing something like that might help keep them in a bubble due to the size of the rosters compared to what the nba is doing.

Last edited:
Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)

If the season doesn’t happen, I just hope that it ends up being blamed on Goodell and his incompetence in preparing the league to play with so much time to do so... that would be a great silver lining if he is disgraced and forced out.

yeah I'm not holding out hope

there will be a flurry of infected during camp , and the players will simply walk out or strike. Season done.

We will know a lot more as teams have to report and the testing starts. The virus is all over the place and so many people have it and don't even know. We just had a baseball game cancelled because of a team outbreak. I just don't see the NFL being able to cancel games like baseball. If there is an outbreak with any team, it is going to be a hot mess because contact can't be avoided and a "bubble" will be difficult for 6 months considering how many people are involved with a single team.

The NHL has it figured out...

Their latest round of testing had ZERO positive results for COVID-19.

They’re about to start back up... and I can’t wait!
What's there model?

Lou Williams headed for Atlanta on his “family emergency.” Marlins played in Atlanta a couple of days before flying to Philly for this past weekend series. Anyone wanna bet where some of the Marlins went for their evening meal the night they laid over in Atlanta. If they just keep NFL players away from the ATL, they can make it through the season.
Now some may argue there aren’t many NFL players in Atlanta to begin with but that's another story. Perhaps the Falcons will have 28 players and 3 coaches come down with the virus!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom