Football season: chance of happening is approaching 0% (1 Viewer)

Bills were scheduled for a rookie meeting in the building today - they have canceled that meeting.

Play the season, cancel the season, it doesn't matter, everyone is going to get virus eventually.
That may be overstating it a bit, but I think that's essentially correct. The virus is too contagious to think we can avoid it in the long run. It's unlikely that the NFL can maintain a bubble for the length of time it takes to have a season. The NBA can get away with it because they can fit their entire league in one area, and they only have to fit it in that area for a few months.

MLB will be shut down by the end of next week.

Football won't make make it to the first game.
Don't know about MLB as the players are distanced. It seems fairly simple to see we may not start the season at all. If we do, I'd guess no later than week 4 it will be shut down for the season.

Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)

If the season doesn’t happen, I just hope that it ends up being blamed on Goodell and his incompetence in preparing the league to play with so much time to do so... that would be a great silver lining if he is disgraced and forced out.
If it doesn't happen it SHOULD be blamed on incompetence...but not Goodell's.

Play the season, cancel the season, it doesn't matter, everyone is going to get virus eventually.
Well, that's disheartening, since the medical community was estimating this Spring that if "everyone" (all Americans) end up with the virus (no vaccine, no "miracle cure") we need to prepare for some 2.2 million dead Americans.

If it doesn't happen it SHOULD be blamed on incompetence...but not Goodell's.

I agree that it will really be more to blame on the players and the individual organizations if this season gets canned... but Roger is the man in charge, and there will be a “fall guy” in that case... he gets my vote to fall in his sword

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom