Football Season ending (1 Viewer)

Yeah, the end of the football season is bittersweet. I, as everyone here, wants the Saints journey to continue into February but, ours ends on Sunday evening. Every year, I literally just sit there at the end of the game and marvel at how quick it goes. Of course, my wife loves this time of year but that's another thread.

I just take a moment and, as bad as it sounds, say, "Well, now what to do with my Sundays." And I'm not trying to be funny or sarcastic but I am amazed at how quick it does go.

The only positive that I take away from it all is that now I can watch the playoffs with zero stress. I don't care who wins or loses. I don't have to be glued to the TV to watch every play and my blood pressure relaxes.

On to next year......

Yeah, the end of the football season is bittersweet. I, as everyone here, wants the Saints journey to continue into February but, ours ends on Sunday evening. Every year, I literally just sit there at the end of the game and marvel at how quick it goes. Of course, my wife loves this time of year but that's another thread.

I just take a moment and, as bad as it sounds, say, "Well, now what to do with my Sundays." And I'm not trying to be funny or sarcastic but I am amazed at how quick it does go.

The only positive that I take away from it all is that now I can watch the playoffs with zero stress. I don't care who wins or loses. I don't have to be glued to the TV to watch every play and my blood pressure relaxes.

On to next year......

I still watch it with some stress. Of course Atlanta, Seattle, Dallas and the Texans are teams I am rooting against. I despise these teams. I might be hating because they are in but not us, but I can't stand any one of them winning it all.

Bring on the 47,326 mock drafts and the "we need to draft ______ from LSU even though Payton avoids the school like the plague" threads

I hate that the draft are at the end of April. All those mocks drafts are overwhelming to see and read. It is like analyzing and over analyzing a game plan for 3 whole months after the season.

I still watch it with some stress. Of course Atlanta, Seattle, Dallas and the Texans are teams I am rooting against. I despise these teams. I might be hating because they are in but not us, but I can't stand any one of them winning it all.

Super Bowl time, I'm of the same mentality. I remember vividly during the Ravens/49ers Super Bowl, I didn't want the Ravens to win so much as I wanted the 49ers to lose.

Our season may be just about to come to an end, but some of us will still be here talking about who we should resign and cut, the combine, who we would like the Saints to go after in free agency and then the draft. It's like my wife says "Football season never ends in this house". Well football season never ends on this board. It may slow down from time to time, but it never ends. Who Dat!

Thank goodness it doesn't stop. I'll watch the playoffs, try to have a rooting interest in the Super Bowl, put baseball on until my team has no chance (which is usually by the end of the first month), watch the Derby in May but nothing gets me pumped like football season especially the Saints and LSU!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom