Football Worth Waiting For... GO Saints!!! (1 Viewer)

YeahSaintsWin

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Some fans might believe that I wake up every morning with Saints football in my radar. Those folks see me as the guy who listens to all the reports (the reports that are relevant and not the "hookie" opinions) and feasts on any and all news New Orleans Saints. Fans who believe this about me would be right; however, that is not the point. The point is even a small like mine can look forward to some great moments -- stay tuned to see what I consider football worth waiting for.

Why do we like sports? Sports are the ultimate drama. Not just a story unfolding but history being made. And, unlike TV dramas, this is a show without a script. Many are anticipated the new season and I've heard fans talk about the sensation of fans returning to the Super Dome. There are the debates about the Taysom Hill and Jameis Winston competition. And there is the excitement to see how the SP offense will look post-Brees. All must-see TV but I'd like to add a few more.

#1 - Feed'em a "50-Burger"... Mooch is known for calling big scores a meal and he first heard it here in the "Sportsreport" and I know that because I said it, but I digress.. Where was I? Okay, the Saints have a 6-TD RB on the roster and fans want to know that Saints offense can still cook up and deliver ye ole 50-Burger sandwich to make a statement to the NFC. I still believe that SP and crew can serve up big offense, I just want to see how soon the 50-Burger is on the menu and who is the victim.

#2 - Dominate the Brady-scape... Tom Brady came to the NFC-South and took over the spotlight with a SB win. Hold on Mr. Brady and NFL, this ain't the AFC-East and no one dominates the NFC-South like the New Orleans Saints. When the NFC-S was created there was a new Champion every year. Then the Panthers won a couple in a row and the Saints have been Champs the last four years. So, can you blame me for wanting to see the NFL Community show some respect for the current division champs as they watch the Saints dominate the Bucs, the Panthers, and the Falcons again this season for the fifth year in a row?

#3 - Can Fans Continue to Expect What We've Grown to Expect... Double-digit winning seasons, big wins in big games, playoff appearences and bye weeks have been as common for the Saints as Sunday afternoons on the weekend. The Saints have matured into a franchise that is expected to be more than sports competition. The SP-Brees connection has helped to make winning football part of the Louisiana culture. So, I want to see continued wins and playoff success and, who knows, with some Magic before Mardi Gras we fans may get to party with another Lombardi!!

The Floor is now open.. what will you be happy to see in the new season?

GO Saints!!!

1. Would have to come against a downtrodden defense, like we did to the Vikings late last season.

2. Brady didn't overtake crap; we fumbled the playoff game away. Unforced errors will kill ya in any sport.

3. I think double digits is the absolute ceiling for the team this season, with a new field general(s). The parenthetical plural covers whatever we see out of Taysom this year. More realistic prediction is for the entire division to come down a notch in terms of total number of wins. Maybe not to the level of the NFC East, but the eventual division champ won't be 13-3 again.

1. Would have to come against a downtrodden defense, like we did to the Vikings late last season.

2. Brady didn't overtake crap; we fumbled the playoff game away. Unforced errors will kill ya in any sport.

3. I think double digits is the absolute ceiling for the team this season, with a new field general(s). The parenthetical plural covers whatever we see out of Taysom this year. More realistic prediction is for the entire division to come down a notch in terms of total number of wins. Maybe not to the level of the NFC East, but the eventual division champ won't be 13-3 again.
StDan, you the man, but...

I think SP offenses break defenses. The season could start with the Saints jumping on a team early in the season and MThomas produce a 5-TD game. A very tough first six games could see defenses under estimate the Saint's weapons and be an opportunity for fireworks. And I think Winston's work in the offseason, just like Brees, will produce payoff early against defenses, just like it paid off for Brees and Brady. But, you won't find me complaining when the Saints force fed a defense -- I'll take a 50-Burger anywhere I can find one. ;-)

The loss to Brady in the playoff game was one game where the Saints didn't play their best game. At least the team wasn't robbed with a freak play or no-call. Personally, I could see where the team could have benefited from a play or two on defense or offense and that play could have changed the outcome of the game. That's why we like the NFL because it makes for good football and good drama..

I like the Saints chances this year. I think many teams will be surprised with this SP-Winston pairing. And I think fans will see more big plays from Taysom and fewer fumbles, almost fumbles and taking AK out of action faster than opposing defenses.

The wild-card on offense will be THill.. I think THill-er is a Big Play Machine. And there is no player on the planet with has THill atheletic ability. BUT.. until he learns to slide and protect his body, Hill can't be QB1 or QB2 on any team.. ala QB Ian Book.

BTW.. I'm thinking 12-14 Wins this season.

GO Saints!!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom