Footballfanspot Saints Mock (1 Viewer)

scott88

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
15. Dallas Cowboys (TRADE)- S Kenny Vaccaro (Texas)
I’ve said in recent weeks that while I view Vaccaro as a perfect fit for the Cowboys, he’s unlikely to make it past both the Rams at 16 and the Steelers at 17. However, if he’s there at 15, the Cowboys could move up 3 spots, give the Saints, who are without a 2nd rounder, an extra pick (a 3<SUP>rd</SUP> rounder by the trade value chart), and take him there. The Cowboys have a need at both safety spots and Jerry Jones has a noted history of loving players from the states of Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. Unsurprisingly, they’re known to be very interested in Vaccaro.

18. New Orleans Saints (TRADE)- RLB Jarvis Jones (Georgia)
The Saints had the NFL’s 3rd ranked scoring offense and 31st ranked scoring defense last year, so it’s pretty obvious which side of the ball is the problem side. Their only real hole on offense is left tackle and because of Drew Brees’ quick release and excellent pocket awareness they’ve never viewed the left tackle position as important position. Jermon Bushrod was allowed to walk as a free agent for this reason. The advanced numbers show that he’s really just a middling talent that Brees made look a lot better than he was and he was overpaid by the Bears. They’ll likely just replace Bushrod internally and maybe take a developmental tackle in the middle rounds, especially since the top-3 tackles are all going to be long gone at this point.
Given that, this will almost definitely be a defensive player and they really need help at every position except middle linebacker, where Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne are going into the 2nd year of 5 year deals and will hopefully play better in the Saints’ new 3-4 defense. Safety Kenny Vacarro is an option and certainly becomes a more likely option if they make Roman Harper a cap casualty, but if they don’t, I don’t think they’ll take someone they don’t have an obvious role for as a rookie. The same thing is true with Desmond Trufant if they cut Jabari Greer.
That leaves the front seven and it’s close between an edge rusher like Jarvis Jones or Barkevious Mingo or a big body upfront like Sheldon Richardson for their new 3-4 defense. Sheldon Richardson isn’t available to them here, part of the reasoning behind trading back, so they take Jones. He’s gotten more good news on his medicals, though while it’ll be up to the individual teams and their doctors to determine whether or not they’re comfortable with him.

75. New Orleans Saints- CB David Amerson (NC State)
Even after signing Keenan Lewis, they could add another cornerback. That’s how bad their secondary is. Patrick Robinson was benched and Jabari Greer could eventually be a cap casualty. They’re known to be targeting cornerbacks early and this is a deep cornerback class

80. New Orleans Saints (TRADE)- NT Brandon Williams (Southern Missouri)
The Saints will look at defensive linemen for their new 3-man defensive line at some point in the draft. Akiem Hicks is penciled in as the starting defensive end opposite Cameron Jordan, but he’s an inexperienced 2012 3rd round pick, while Brodrick Bunkley is playing nose tackle for the first time in his NFL career in his age 30 season. Williams is versatile depth and could eventually end up as a starter

109. New Orleans Saints- S Josh Evans (Florida)
Malcolm Jenkins and Roman Harper were awful for the Saints last season, but it looks like they’ll be given another shot in 2013. They’re unlikely to both be starting in 2014 however. Jenkins will be a free agent next off-season, while Harper will be owed 6.15 million, which he won’t see unless he turns it around in a hurry. The Saints could add safety depth in the middle rounds.

144. New Orleans Saints- OT Brennan Williams (North Carolina)
The Saints let Jermon Bushrod walk because they don’t value the left tackle position as much as most teams because Drew Brees has excellent pocket presence and a quick release. Advanced statistics show that Bushrod was just a middle of the road starter that Drew Brees turned into a 2-time Pro Bowler. For this reason, I don’t expect them to use a premium pick on an offensive tackle, but they’ll have to add one at some point. New left tackle Charles Brown has an injury history, while right tackle Zach Strief is coming off an injury plagued season himself.

2013 NFL Mock Draft | Football Fan Spot

That would be good.. But if we went down to 18 I think we will miss out on Jarvis.. I think we would get ogletree there

I'd rather keep the 15th and pick Vaccaro

Posted this in another thread about Ivory/2nd round tender

No team is going to give a 2nd round pick at this point. IMO the Saints will make a trade near the bottom of the second or top of the third if there is a player they have targeted still on the board. I also can't shake this feeling the out #15 pick will be Texas Safety Kenny Vaccaro. If so I could also see Harper traded for a 7th, or conditional 2014 pick.

1st &#8211; Kenny Vaccaro &#8211;S - Texas
2nd &#8211; (Trade Ivory to Denver for #58 pick) DT Jon Hankins &#8211; Ohio St.
3rd - OLB/DE Jamie Collins &#8211; So. Miss.
4th &#8211; Josh Evans &#8211; S &#8211; Florida
5th &#8211; William Gholston &#8211; DE &#8211; Mich. St.
6th &#8211; OL Depth
7th &#8211; (If they can get one for Harper) OL Depth

Please don't pick Amerson. Look at his film, this guy actively avoids tackling. And he disappears aganst first rate talent. Don't let the interception numbers fool you, interceptions against girl scout troop 3 don't count for much in the NFL.

Ivory will not get us a 2nd rounder. Maybe a 5th or 6th, but not a 2nd.

The Saints will look at defensive linemen for their new 3-man defensive line at some point in the draft. Akiem Hicks is penciled in as the starting defensive end opposite Cameron Jordan, but he’s an inexperienced 2012 3rd round pick, while Brodrick Bunkley is playing nose tackle for the first time in his NFL career in his age 30 season. Williams is versatile depth and could eventually end up as a starte

I like this pick. But it baffles me that everyone just forgets that Bunkley HAS played as a 34 NT. It's the position he played in Denver, and was pretty good in that position.

The article's writer obviously doesn't know as much as he thinks he does.

15. Dallas Cowboys (TRADE)- S Kenny Vaccaro (Texas)
I’ve said in recent weeks that while I view Vaccaro as a perfect fit for the Cowboys, he’s unlikely to make it past both the Rams at 16 and the Steelers at 17. However, if he’s there at 15, the Cowboys could move up 3 spots, give the Saints, who are without a 2nd rounder, an extra pick (a 3<SUP>rd</SUP> rounder by the trade value chart), and take him there. The Cowboys have a need at both safety spots and Jerry Jones has a noted history of loving players from the states of Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. Unsurprisingly, they’re known to be very interested in Vaccaro.

18. New Orleans Saints (TRADE)- RLB Jarvis Jones (Georgia)
The Saints had the NFL’s 3rd ranked scoring offense and 31st ranked scoring defense last year, so it’s pretty obvious which side of the ball is the problem side. Their only real hole on offense is left tackle and because of Drew Brees’ quick release and excellent pocket awareness they’ve never viewed the left tackle position as important position. Jermon Bushrod was allowed to walk as a free agent for this reason. The advanced numbers show that he’s really just a middling talent that Brees made look a lot better than he was and he was overpaid by the Bears. They’ll likely just replace Bushrod internally and maybe take a developmental tackle in the middle rounds, especially since the top-3 tackles are all going to be long gone at this point.
Given that, this will almost definitely be a defensive player and they really need help at every position except middle linebacker, where Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne are going into the 2nd year of 5 year deals and will hopefully play better in the Saints’ new 3-4 defense. Safety Kenny Vacarro is an option and certainly becomes a more likely option if they make Roman Harper a cap casualty, but if they don’t, I don’t think they’ll take someone they don’t have an obvious role for as a rookie. The same thing is true with Desmond Trufant if they cut Jabari Greer.
That leaves the front seven and it’s close between an edge rusher like Jarvis Jones or Barkevious Mingo or a big body upfront like Sheldon Richardson for their new 3-4 defense. Sheldon Richardson isn’t available to them here, part of the reasoning behind trading back, so they take Jones. He’s gotten more good news on his medicals, though while it’ll be up to the individual teams and their doctors to determine whether or not they’re comfortable with him.

75. New Orleans Saints- CB David Amerson (NC State)
Even after signing Keenan Lewis, they could add another cornerback. That’s how bad their secondary is. Patrick Robinson was benched and Jabari Greer could eventually be a cap casualty. They’re known to be targeting cornerbacks early and this is a deep cornerback class

The Saints will look at defensive linemen for their new 3-man defensive line at some point in the draft. Akiem Hicks is penciled in as the starting defensive end opposite Cameron Jordan, but he’s an inexperienced 2012 3rd round pick, while Brodrick Bunkley is playing nose tackle for the first time in his NFL career in his age 30 season. Williams is versatile depth and could eventually end up as a starter

109. New Orleans Saints- S Josh Evans (Florida)
Malcolm Jenkins and Roman Harper were awful for the Saints last season, but it looks like they’ll be given another shot in 2013. They’re unlikely to both be starting in 2014 however. Jenkins will be a free agent next off-season, while Harper will be owed 6.15 million, which he won’t see unless he turns it around in a hurry. The Saints could add safety depth in the middle rounds.

144. New Orleans Saints- OT Brennan Williams (North Carolina)
The Saints let Jermon Bushrod walk because they don’t value the left tackle position as much as most teams because Drew Brees has excellent pocket presence and a quick release. Advanced statistics show that Bushrod was just a middle of the road starter that Drew Brees turned into a 2-time Pro Bowler. For this reason, I don’t expect them to use a premium pick on an offensive tackle, but they’ll have to add one at some point. New left tackle Charles Brown has an injury history, while right tackle Zach Strief is coming off an injury plagued season himself.

2013 NFL Mock Draft | Football Fan Spot

Oh look, a Saints mock draft where they only address needs. That's down right funny. Its not going to happen.

I'd like to see us trade down to like #18 for a 2nd rounder, then draft Ogletree. That would be genius. We'd take a pick from the Girls AND get a quality guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom