For a league that thinks about everything (4pm, really?) (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think they can do better then starting the league year at 4pm eastern time.

I mean, the start of free agency period will catch a lot of people of the east coast commuting. Hard to follow.

My opinion, next year they should start at 7pm, that gives the NFLNetwork and ESPN a chance to go primetime with a lot to discuss..

Just an opinion

wasnt it like 3 years ago it started at midnight eastern time on a thursday/friday morning? i seem to remember this.

Yep, you woke up to read who has Washington signed. Since the whole thing has become such a show, with so much expectation, they might as well move it to primetime, like they did with the draft.

4 PM I will be more concerned with Starcraft to not care about any of this. Great timing NFL.

Well we know they're looking at a signing day. Regardless, Roger is a PR Master Facilitator. That a real title, ya know? He wants football fans glued to NFL.com and NFLN so they can take advantage of advertising dollars. He's trying to create a market for Super Bowl commercials in March. He's got his SB commercials in April by moving the good rounds of the draft to primetime. There's money to be made EVERYWHERE!

Did y'all see St Patricks Day NFL gear??? It's not even football season!!!!! I still wear a Saints hat, but I'm not looking for specific gear to NOT go to the Dome in...

4pm makes more sense than 7pm. 4pm gets the theatrics out of the way. The last minute cuts, the negotiations go from the frying pan into the fire. Honestly no deals get done right at the time of league opening. The deals will start coming at about 7pm...just in time for prime time. If you open the gate at 7pm, it's 10pm before we see the bulk of the movement. That's not good for tv. Most people are settling in for bed at 10pm.

So watch whatever the heck you wanna watch at 4pm. Most signings will likely take place a couple hours later. If you tune in at 4pm hoping to get some news, you'll be disappointed. It will still take time.

The ONE time I'll thumbs up a Starcraft post. When it directly conflicts with RG's greed.

LOL I'd rather it be at midnight, cause then I can get up in the morning and follow it.

Shame that the release date for HotS fell on the same day as free agency. 4 PM is a joke, they should do it at midnight like they always did. Made it easier for the morning birds to get up and follow.

I miss the midnight signings, and I miss 3 rounds of the draft on Saturday, and 4 on Sunday. I hate you Goddell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom