For all the John Clayton Fans. (1 Viewer)

peglegpeet13

23-3 What a Night!!!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, here he goes again. First it was the Falcons, then it was the Eagles, now we must wait until we play the Falcons again to see if we are for real. Enjoy that article of John's games to watch.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2653758
"5. New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons (Nov. 26): Are the Saints for real? We'll find out after Thanksgiving. The Saints are the NFL's Cinderella team. They have a seventh-round choice, Marques Colston, who is the top candidate for Offensive Rookie of the Year. First-year coach Sean Payton turned over 27 spots on his 53-man roster and is 6-2. The Saints lead the NFC South by a game over the Falcons. The Saints won an emotional Monday night game against the Falcons in the Superdome on Sept. 25. One of the ideas of flexible scheduling is to capture one of the surprise teams and give it a prime-time game. Too bad for Saints fans this comes on the day Chicago plays New England. "

Well, here he goes again. First it was the Falcons, then it was the Eagles, now we must wait until we play the Falcons again to see if we are for real. Enjoy that article of John's games to watch.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2653758
"5. New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons (Nov. 26): Are the Saints for real? We'll find out after Thanksgiving. The Saints are the NFL's Cinderella team. They have a seventh-round choice, Marques Colston, who is the top candidate for Offensive Rookie of the Year. First-year coach Sean Payton turned over 27 spots on his 53-man roster and is 6-2. The Saints lead the NFC South by a game over the Falcons. The Saints won an emotional Monday night game against the Falcons in the Superdome on Sept. 25. One of the ideas of flexible scheduling is to capture one of the surprise teams and give it a prime-time game. Too bad for Saints fans this comes on the day Chicago plays New England. "

Read on down....

For the Christmas eve Carolina/Atlanta game, he says they are the best two teams in the NFC South and that - while other divisions will be wrapped up by Christmas - this game should decide the division title.

No love....

One of the ideas of flexible scheduling is to capture one of the surprise teams and give it a prime-time game. Too bad for Saints fans this comes on the day Chicago plays New England. "

Why Saints fans? Why not Saints and Falcons fans?

these guys have been wrong about so much this year....the mighty steelers, the lowly saints, panthers in the SB, cardinals are the cinderella team, yada, yada, yada.....why does anyone even care what they say anymore

while other divisions will be wrapped up by Christmas - this game should decide the division title.

I'm not a fan, but this is what he said...
Most of the division races will be formalities by Christmas. This one should still be undecided.

he's saying the division will be undecided, not that the game will decide the title. I do think he's a little over the top with the constantly changing what makes the Saints "for real". whatever that means.

Clayton is a fraud. He must own family shares in ESPN. That's the only possible reason for his being there.

Here's what I think happens.

The Giants are going to beat Chicago and will be pre-crowned the NFC champions. Chicago will drop one more game...possibly Tampa.

Then the Saints are going to win in NY.

I honestly see a 3 (maybe even 4) way tie for homefield going into the last game.

The Saints have Carolina at home on New Years Eve (Sunday night football anyone?).

We beat the Panthers on the last play of the last deciding game and earn homefield throughout.

Here's what I think happens.

The Giants are going to beat Chicago and will be pre-crowned the NFC champions. Chicago will drop one more game...possibly Tampa.

Then the Saints are going to win in NY.

I honestly see a 3 (maybe even 4) way tie for homefield going into the last game.

The Saints have Carolina at home on New Years Eve (Sunday night football anyone?).

We beat the Panthers on the last play of the last deciding game and earn homefield throughout.

+++1000 1

these guys have been wrong about so much this year....the mighty steelers, the lowly saints, panthers in the SB, cardinals are the cinderella team, yada, yada, yada.....why does anyone even care what they say anymore

pluses ones and twoes :hihi:

Separated at Birth.....

Attachments

• CL1.jpg
    CL1.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 86
  • clayton_john_m.jpg
    clayton_john_m.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 86
I'm not a fan, but this is what he said...

he's saying the division will be undecided, not that the game will decide the title. I do think he's a little over the top with the constantly changing what makes the Saints "for real". whatever that means.

Yes thats what he said, but its obvious he is insinuating that this game will be a major game that decides the divsion or not. Hes already assumeing we have lost enough games by then that we aren't leading the division by saying that will be a big game in the first place. Then his statement about the panthers and falcons being the best 2 NFC south teams just shows it even more.

Its almost like the Saints don't exist in his mind when he talks about the division race. The other day on Mike and Mike he listed off NFC teams in the hunt for a playoff spot. He said all the usuals plus the panthers and cowboys, but never once even mentioned the saints.

BTW while were talking about what he looks like....its obvious he looks the most like the guidance counselor off southpark...mmmmkkaayyy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom