For all those in Southeast [now Southwest as well] Louisiana... (1 Viewer)

Just spoke with my aunt who lives off Verot behind the nursery across from Earl's and not too bad at her house...she got the boat ready just in case...now I worry about those 60+ foot pine trees surrounding the house...

Range road in Denham and the I-12

Attachments

• hscheinukphoto_2016-Aug-13.jpg
    hscheinukphoto_2016-Aug-13.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 18
  • LAStatePolice_2016-Aug-13.jpg
    LAStatePolice_2016-Aug-13.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 18
We have now had about 18" of rain over the last day and a half. New Iberia around 20". Numerous road closures and curfews. I chose wisely with my house location in south Lafayette. I'm 25' above sea level. Hope this lets up soon.

This rain is relentless. 36 hours straight of non-stop rain. I tried to reach Andrus because he lives a flood prone area, but no luck reaching him. The local weather guy said Lafayette could expect another 5-6 inches overnight.

This rain is relentless. 36 hours straight of non-stop rain. I tried to reach Andrus because he lives a flood prone area, but no luck reaching him. The local weather guy said Lafayette could expect another 5-6 inches overnight.

Yeah, relentless is exactly how it is. This is worse than the flood in March. It has been non-stop rain since about 7pm Thursday evening and it doesn't look like the low has moved at all.

Range road in Denham and the I-12

and this is why I'm stuck in my subdivision without internet. no internet. did i mentiom no internet? only two tv stations working, qvc and discovery.

seriously though, I've been extremely lucky and i know several people who have been flooded. terrible.

I improvised a rain gauge using a perfectly cylindrical drinking glass. It accumulated 3.25" in one hour. Unreal around here.

It has stopped raining here in Zachary for the first time since Thursday. Thank goodness.

my friend just finished rebuilding from march like 2 weeks ago... he got 3 feet this weekend.

my aunt who lives along the amite river had 3 feet rush into her house from the river, not the street and had to be rescued by boat... she has never flood and is almost 80 years old.

I am almost feeling guilty because it never floods where I am.

Lol to be honest Krod I had no idea what she was saying with the dress she was wearing today.

I see her semi frequently on magazine street... i forget whatever i am saying, thinking etc when she walks by...

Yea, that pic was taken right down the road from me, during the Houston floods. They're students of one of my teacher friends.

We're starting to see the edge of that system here in Houston. We could use some rain (ironically, since we got so much in April, and not much since then), but my flooded out friends are more than a bit nervous, of course. Some of the scenes out of south Louisiana are unreal, and way too familiar at the same time. We feel your pain. Praying for that system to move out of the area quickly.

Does anyone have any information about West Baton Rouge Parish south of I-10, especially the Brusly-Addis area?

Never mind ... just got word that "lower" WBR parish made out fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom