For all those wondering about Jared Cook (1 Viewer)

The reports were that the Patriots "went after Cook really hard" before Gronk retired. Just seems to me they saw it coming.

Yeah, it was reported a week or two ago that the Patriots were interested in Cook. That the two teams interested were NE and NO. NE signed Matt LaCosse who's more of a TE2 or blocking TE, but this is the Patriots, so watch him turn out to be a probowl receiver... smh

The only reason that Cook and Patriots are being mentioned in the same sentence now is because Gronk retired and it makes for good headlines and easy click bait. They're popular across the country, Gronk is a superstar, Pats were said to have looked at Cook, and Cook was the only TE1 available in FA this year other than the oft injured Eifert. The fact that NO and Cook haven't officially put ink to paper gives reporters all the justification they need to put out this click-bait crap.

Man, I just watched Duke n UCF go to da down to da wire!

I don’t need this too rite now!!!

Good thing I took my meds this morning!

?

And...

just like the NFCC game, the ref swallowed the whistle on Zion's drive to the basket BEFORE Fall blocked his shot. (It was either a foul on Zion or the defender who ended up on his derriere.)

They also swallowed the whistle on Barrett's PUSH IN THE BACK for the rebound on Zion's missed Free Throw (which he then put in for the Winning Basket).

Barrett: ""I was going to do whatever I can to get this rebound," he said." https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...old-off-ucf-77-76-to-reach-sweet-16/39250635/

Sound familiar???

No one connected to the negotiations has indicated what the hold up is. Could be the Saints or Cook. I hate it, but let's not assume it is Cook and create this negative vibe. If he does sign, Drew will turn him into a "super star". Cook has never played in this type of system or with this great of a quarterback.

What if this doesn't happen? The melt will be epic. If you want to see something really scary just look at the other available TEs. Yikes. I need this to happen. I need it to happen now.

I think Gronk announced his retirement to help the Patriots land Cook, so I think we might be cooked.

I have no way of knowing why Cook hasn’t formally signed yet, but the Saints are an organization that tends to look at things differently (than other teams), in a way they believe is more progressive....or purposely contrarian.

Last year they appeared to go “all in”....but this year they are going to load up the wagon to its fullest potential. That will require cap flexibility. As a result, you make a guaranteed $ commitment to Jared and adjust the details/payouts in a manner that’s best for the organization’s cap flexibility. Of course you finalize that deal after all your ducks are in a row. All of this means that the Saints would like to add more pieces (in addition to Cook). It could be Quinn, it could be any number of scenarios.

Is there risk in doing this? Sure. But there are risks in going “all in” as well...and if they are going to do so, it goes beyond just getting Jared signed.

If ever you overpay for a free agent, this is when you do it. By far, the most glaring need on the team, with no other free agent options left (and only one draft pick of note), on a short term deal, with the best player in sports history making another run for a title at age 40.
Maybe. I wanna win for years to come. Would be nice to win one with Drew, but I wouldn't sacrifice our future for something that may not even happen. I would spend alot, just nothing too crazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom