For all those wondering about Jared Cook (1 Viewer)

Yeah, it was reported a week or two ago that the Patriots were interested in Cook. That the two teams interested were NE and NO. NE signed Matt LaCosse who's more of a TE2 or blocking TE, but this is the Patriots, so watch him turn out to be a probowl receiver... smh

The only reason that Cook and Patriots are being mentioned in the same sentence now is because Gronk retired and it makes for good headlines and easy click bait. They're popular across the country, Gronk is a superstar, Pats were said to have looked at Cook, and Cook was the only TE1 available in FA this year other than the oft injured Eifert. The fact that NO and Cook haven't officially put ink to paper gives reporters all the justification they need to put out this click-bait crap.

Exactly, it doesn't take much for the media to run with something out of left field.

Example A: Sean Payton to Dallas every year, even though he has stated many times he doesnt know were they come up with this.

“Exclusively”

That doesn’t mean anything

Of course it does. It means when Cook’s agent takes a call from the Saints, he is negotiating exclusively with the Saints. When he takes a call from the Patroits, he is negotiating exclusively with the Patriots.

And...

just like the NFCC game, the ref swallowed the whistle on Zion's drive to the basket BEFORE Fall blocked his shot. (It was either a foul on Zion or the defender who ended up on his derriere.)

They also swallowed the whistle on Barrett's PUSH IN THE BACK for the rebound on Zion's missed Free Throw (which he then put in for the Winning Basket).

Barrett: ""I was going to do whatever I can to get this rebound," he said." https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...old-off-ucf-77-76-to-reach-sweet-16/39250635/

Sound familiar???

Sadly, I was watching the game with my son and uttered the same two thoughts. Look, it's not every game, every play, but still.

The NCAA loves the idea of upsets. It's how they've sold this AA-ball level basketball as comparable entertainment to the NBA. (I am sure we're all better served with the larger discussion in a different thread.)

But they live for the big TV teams all getting to the Final Four -- Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, UCLA (yes, sorry, they do).

Follow the money.

Apologize for the thread jack.

And I hope we end up with Cook for the right price.

Honestly, I kind of don't even care anymore. Either sign with us or sign with the Pats. Just make a decision. What's with the hold up?

It's weird.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom