For all you DRC fans... (1 Viewer)

most of the people on here did not even know who he was until he ran a straight line.

I'd heard his name during the season a couple of times. Once he made it to the Sr. Bowl is when I think more folks took notice. By the time he made it to the combine
(straight line?) there was a fairly strong following in here. Not sure what you mean here.
There always seems to be huge influx of newbies around the start of FA and draft time and you'll get some seemingly uneducated (NFL-wise) comments but MOST of the folks in here know enough not to be fooled simply because of a 40 time.

BTJMT

I just watched Path to the Draft on NFLN and they covered DRC. Mayock showed a lot of drills from Senior Bowl week and basically said he has the most upside of the CB's, but has poor ball skills. That scares me because intercepting the ball is what affects the outcomes of games and if he can't locate the ball in the air, he isn't worth the #10 pick. That skill usually can not be taught.

We talkin' bout practice man....Not a game, not a game....we talkin' bout practice.

910b24cf72b50a5e6364d87797689ad7.png

ball skills can be taught. footwork can be taught.

His interception-- during the nationally televeise All-Star game when it counts-- showed some excellent ball skills. Try not to let Mayock skew that negative. He looks like someone who can go in the top 15 to 20 because he's worthy. At #10, IMO, what you get is a guy that needs a season at this level before you have someone that is trustworthy and dependable enough to hang your defensive fortunes on. So if you are building or rebuilding your team he'd likely be worth a top 10 pick to a team that is either desparate or can wait for him to "finish" coat.

For us I'd prefer someone that can play right away and have an impact without having to endure the growing pains that he'll probably go through as a rookie.

But I feel confident that this player will be solid if not spectacular NFL player

Mayock said he had poor ballskills based on 1 play? Why are ya'll still taking what he says seriously? He has said a lot of dumb things this season and this is just another. There's a reason why he's realigning his rankings similarly to everyone else now... he's a fraud who only watches as much game tape as an average fan.

During practice, he was continually praised and every video I've seen from Rivals to NFLN coverage has him covering well. I'd take Scott Wright's opinions over these trash on TV anyday.

With his speed, he ought to be returning kicks and punts his first year (unless he simply cannot do it) so it's not like he wouldn't make an impact if we drafted him. That is, unless he's awful at returns. But if he is, man, what a waste of that speed!

I think that DRC will become the best corner out of this class... not initially but over time.... he will be an asset to whomever picks him in the draft. but to be honest I want a corner that can start for us right when draft him....(mike jenkins)....oh and for you who say that no one knew who he was until he ran at the combine, thats because he played for a small school and didnt get much recognition... he showed you his skills a the all-star game against some of the best college football athletes...and NFL scouts are going crazy about this guy...it's not just saints fans..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom