For all you DRC fans... (1 Viewer)

TideSaint

All-Pro
Reaction score
NFL Network's show, Path to the Draft, is going to feature DRC tomorrow night. They will break down his game film and interview him and possibly forecast where he ends up in the draft. It comes on at 5:30 pm for those who don't watch the show.

One interesting side note Mike Mayock made is that at the Combine, players arms were not measured correctly which resulted in horrible vertical jump numbers. This is the reason why so many players are improving their vertical at their Pro Days drastically. Just passing it on.

Thanks TideSaint!

I'll be tuning in and recording that.

Whatever team he lands on he will be a big impact player and we'll regret not drafting him... I think he'll be a factor like Devin Hester instead it will be on returns and defense.

Whatever team he lands on he will be a big impact player and we'll regret not drafting him... I think he'll be a factor like Devin Hester instead it will be on returns and defense.

Why do you say that? Because of his proven track record against quality WRs and QBs?

As I have said all along, you may well be right, it could happen, but to state it as a definitive is a bit unreasonable.

man i wish i had NFLN.......CableOne is totally not cool.... :(

OK my best attempt at a transcript!

DRC on DRC:

DRC likes playing competitive at CB. He likes watching WRs, studying their routes. He has the ability to break back to the ball. He has the ability to catch up with the speed that he has. He talked about his cousin in SD and how what Antonio has done has helped open eyes for him around the league. He said that Antonio called him a few days ago and told him to stay focused. He's an out spoken, outgoing, down to Earth guy and loves playing the game of football.

The announcer is going over how he was a track star at TSU. 4.33 40-yd dash. He earned South team Defensive MVP honors at the Senior Bowl with 4 tackles and an int. At TSU he had 11ints returning 4 of them for tds.

Maycock says that DRC has erased a lot of the early questions that were out there about DRC. He's now showing practice footage of DRC at the Senior Bowl. He's showing his technique against a WR....Maycock says that DRC gets his left hand, the correct hand on his WR, played him a little high but excellent press technique on the WR.

Now DRC on deepball coverage...DRC never looks back to figure where the ball is coming from. DRC gives up a td. Maycock says that ball skills are critical and thats something that he is going to have to work on. (DRC had step for step coverage on this play...). Very impressive. He has amazing speed.

More footage of DRC step for step on his WRS...he's covering the different WRs like a glove...very impressive.

DRC is working with Deion on his footwork.

DRC has great size, will put on another 10 pounds or so as his pro career goes on. DRC has got some technique things to work on because of his size. Maycock believes that he may be the best CB in the draft and may be a top ten pick.

The show will focus on Matt Ryan on Monday.

:)

if ellis and dorsey are gone please draft this kid!!!

Mayock said in one of his segments that there was a error in the vertical measurements. Everyone is measuring a few inches higher during their pro-day. So does this mean that Cromartie actually has a 40+ Vertical?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom