For anyone that still thinks Bush doesn't have rushing lanes (1 Viewer)

Both are unacceptable, and that's the bottom line. This line cannot run block YET (new coaches, new system, new line, taks time, period) and they get owned against great front 7s as far as run blocking goes. Fortunately, they can pass block, our QB is very cerebral resulting in an awesome air raid.

let the announcers hate on Bush

we are 6-2!

and Tampa Spray, had Reggie's pic in the locker room all week.

There is a large volume of fans on this board that blame Bush's rushing woes for the offensive line. I understand he has been important. I understand he has skills, I understand he is the player we should have picked with the #2 overall. However, his rushing problems can be attributed 90% to Reggie Bush....

Nice to know you did the math on that one. So you're sure it isn't 74% Reggie and 26% OLine? Or how about 69.76543% Reggie?

Strief had a great game pass blocking, but run blocking is harder to do and I wonder if his inexperience there wasn't part of the problem.

Reggie is not required to be a productive RB.He 'opens things up' for other players.

So in retrospect having a O line thats better at pass protection than it is at run blocking is a smart strategy.

I'd like to see the formula myself.

Boy, some Saints fans (as I am sure its true with other teams fans) just can't admit that one of its "star" players just isn't getting the job done. We saw it for years with Aaron Brooks. He would consistantly not get the job done, but fans would always defend him blaming other people for his woes.

Bush isn't getting it done in the running game. Not a huge deal, we are 6-2 (heck I only predicted 6 wins for the year). I agree Reggie has been a huge part of the sucess (1st down receptions, being a decoy, game winning punt return), however we need to put more responsibility on Reggie for his lack of rushing yardage and yards per carry.

Stop overreacting. He deserves critism (that doesn't give people the right to bash him for being a bust, like a post currently on the 1st page). He isn't getting it done in the rushing game, thats obvious. I am not calling him a bust, I am not saying he should not have been drafted #2 overall, I am not saying anything "negative". Simply stating most of his rushing problems are his fault, no-one elses. I can't seem to fathom why some fans just can't admit that..... He isn't Superman, however he has been a key to our success.

Btw, before some fans take this wrong..... I am not comparing him to Aaron Brooks as far as being a player. I am comparing the way fans defend him and put blame on someone elses shoulders rather than letting him take the heat.

Last edited:
He will learn the pro game give him time. He is still thinking he can out run everyone like he did in college. Once he learns to trust his blocking he will be a good running back in this league.

We have been complaining for so long that people want to continue to do so even when the Saints are exceeding expectations and playing very well. Reggie Bush will be fine!

Boy, some Saints fans (as I am sure its true with other teams fans) just can't admit that one of its "star" players just isn't getting the job done.

Its not that we cant admit it, its pretty obvious. It's just that it isnt "90%" Reggie, like you said. As I noted on the Gameday thread, there were at least 3 runs where the defense was in the backfield before Reggie even got the ball. That puts it nowhere near 90% on Reggie.

So while you think it's obvious that its 90% Reggie, I think its obvious that its at least 50% the O-Line not being able to run block.

We have been complaining for so long that people want to continue to do so even when the Saints are exceeding expectations and playing very well. Reggie Bush will be fine!

No kidding. If we were 1-7, then I might think its ok to be complaining about Reggie being not as good as advertised. But as far as I'm concerned, we're 6-2, so who the heck cares? It has nothing to do with "star player denial". Because while some people may have star player denial, I'll take that and 6-2, over "whining about every little thing" and being 6-2.

Boy, some Saints fans (as I am sure its true with other teams fans) just can't admit that one of its "star" players just isn't getting the job done. We saw it for years with Aaron Brooks. He would consistantly not get the job done, but fans would always defend him blaming other people for his woes.

Bush isn't getting it done in the running game. Not a huge deal, we are 6-2 (heck I only predicted 6 wins for the year). I agree Reggie has been a huge part of the sucess (1st down receptions, being a decoy, game winning punt return), however we need to put more responsibility on Reggie for his lack of rushing yardage and yards per carry.

Stop overreacting. He deserves critism (that doesn't give people the right to bash him for being a bust, like a post currently on the 1st page). He isn't getting it done in the rushing game, thats obvious. I am not calling him a bust, I am not saying he should not have been drafted #2 overall, I am not saying anything "negative". Simply stating most of his rushing problems are his fault, no-one elses. I can't seem to fathom why some fans just can't admit that..... He isn't Superman, however he has been a key to our success.

Btw, before some fans take this wrong..... I am not comparing him to Aaron Brooks as far as being a player. I am comparing the way fans defend him and put blame on someone elses shoulders rather than letting him take the heat.

I thought i was the only sane person on this site

+100

60+

Is the number of yards left on the field today by Reggie Bush! I have analized his play over the last five games and have come to this conclusion..........He is scared to take on big hits that NFL caliber RB's are supposed to do! Five times today, I saw huge holes up the middle that he missed because he's so busy trying to get to the sidelines. He is constantly running into the pursuit instead of one cut and hit it up the gut. He has to be scared or at least a little timid about contact in the pros. He must improve on this or he won't earned the huge contract he signed.
Hey, we are 6-2. GO SAINTS!!!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom