For everybody that thinks Reggie's a bust--how many watched his hi-light reel on here? (1 Viewer)

Rum

All-Pro
Reaction score
His punt return vs TB and the swing pass vs da bears--he's always one step away from scoring--watch that high-light reel and tell me that he's a bust--he might not have 56 TDs, but I guarantee you somebody scored after he brought it down to da 1.

Listen to Gale Sayers, if y'all are old enough to know who he is (GS is Walter Payton before Walter Payton). Gale sees how scary Reggie is.

If he steps over 6 last-gasp tackles--he scores 6 more TDs and Deuce 6 less. The whiners keep crying--but this kid could have 50 TDs in one year. Think about it.

25-30 rushing, another 20 receiving and 5 on returns--watch his highlight reel.

His punt return vs TB and the swing pass vs da bears--he's always one step away from scoring--watch that high-light reel and tell me that he's a bust--he might not have 56 TDs, but I guarantee you somebody scored after he brought it down to da 1.

Listen to Gale Sayers, if y'all are old enough to know who he is (GS is Walter Payton before Walter Payton). Gale sees how scary Reggie is.

If he steps over 6 last-gasp tackles--he scores 6 more TDs and Deuce 6 less. The whiners keep crying--but this kid could have 50 TDs in one year. Think about it.

25-30 rushing, another 20 receiving and 5 on returns--watch his highlight reel.

Reggie is a threat whenever he is on the field, bottom line. He needs to play a little smarter sometimes, and a little harder sometimes, but he is a legitimate playmaker at the NFL level, as is evidenced by the highlight reel. If he had a line (and running back coaches) like Indy, New England or San Diego's to run behind, everybody's opinion would be vastly different of him. I'm not saying that our line or coaches are bad by any means, but that they haven't figured out the best ways to use Reggie yet. And they need to make him a little tougher. But as for a bust.....no way.

Reggie is a threat whenever he is on the field, bottom line. He needs to play a little smarter sometimes, and a little harder sometimes, but he is a legitimate playmaker at the NFL level, as is evidenced by the highlight reel. If he had a line (and running back coaches) like Indy, New England or San Diego's to run behind, everybody's opinion would be vastly different of him. I'm not saying that our line or coaches are bad by any means, but that they haven't figured out the best ways to use Reggie yet. And they need to make him a little tougher. But as for a bust.....no way.

IF Reggie could ever live up to the hype (And for the record, I don't think he ever can) the ball has to be in his hands. period. Punt returns, kick returns, WR, RB, everything.

He's no Gale Sayers, or Walter Payton, these guys were men among boys at there positions. Reggie is more like Eric Metcalf. Great at a variety of positions, excellent at none. His value to the team is his versatility(sp). the coaches need to stop being scared he'll get hurt and just play him.

Need to get back to using him like we did in the 06 season...but that requires having a power back in the backfield....hope we do something about that...either get Duece back healthy or someone else steps up and does the job....that's when Reggie is most effective...

show me one highlight where he hits a hole and explodes through it. he has spent his whole carreer running around people and he can't do that in the nfl. as a rb you must see the hole and explode through it in less than a seconds, and that's just not his style. let's not fool ourselves. he's no gale sayers or sweetness.

"25-30 rushing, another 20 receiving and 5 on returns" ?!?!?!? make sure that's sugar you're putting in your coffee.

reggie's place is not at traditional rb. he is a hybrid and his true position is yet to be discovered. i think this year really hurt him in that noone is afraid of him running the ball any more. if you don't believe me watch later games, especially tampa, where we play action to him and NOONE bites. i hope with a true rb in the backfield we can get back to 2006 form with him, but to compare reggie to 2 of the greatest running backs of all time is comical.

25-30 rushing TD's?!?!?!?! Did you watch any games last year? his legs are dead on contact.

He's an RB stop saying you want him to be #2 reciever, there is a reason he doesn't play reciever.
We can put him at WR on some plays, but I believe he will show a huge improvement running through the tackles this year. I don't know why we don't have him returning every single punt and kick, but for some reason we don't.

If we use him correctly, and he becomes as good as we expect, he could make a hall of fame carrer for himself.

show me one highlight where he hits a hole and explodes through it. he has spent his whole carreer running around people and he can't do that in the nfl. as a rb you must see the hole and explode through it in less than a seconds, and that's just not his style. let's not fool ourselves. he's no gale sayers or sweetness.

"25-30 rushing, another 20 receiving and 5 on returns" ?!?!?!? make sure that's sugar you're putting in your coffee.

reggie's place is not at traditional rb. he is a hybrid and his true position is yet to be discovered. i think this year really hurt him in that noone is afraid of him running the ball any more. if you don't believe me watch later games, especially tampa, where we play action to him and NOONE bites. i hope with a true rb in the backfield we can get back to 2006 form with him, but to compare reggie to 2 of the greatest running backs of all time is comical.

This is true to date, but that does NOT make him a bust as some state. If anything, I think our Coaching Staff has hindered his development. You could see the confidence leave him a little more each game last year.

The guy has never been a traditional RB......they tried to force a square peg into a round hole. If they eventually want Reggie to be a traditional RB, they need mold him into that...it was too quick last year and that's why Reggie looked average in the backfield.

Anyone who thinks Reggie is a bust doesn't understand the concept of a bust or team football. Fantasy Football mentality, IMO.......:covri:

who in their right mind would call reggie a bust? last year wasn't as expected, and wasn't as good as '06, but i think a lot of the fault goes to the staff, to the play calling... anybody who looks at what he did in '06 can't help but see an awesome talent who is a threat each and every time he touches the ball... i can easily see him with over 2000 yards total offence and pushing 20 TDs
If anything, I think our Coaching Staff has hindered his development. You could see the confidence leave him a little more each game last year.
you were posting this as i was posting, and i agree with everything you said (especially this part)

He's an RB stop saying you want him to be #2 reciever, there is a reason he doesn't play reciever.
He'll be a running back when he figures out the field goes north and south not east to west, at least when he's split out wide he knows the only way to go is straight. Pro guys are a lot faster than college and that sideline to sideline crap don't work anymore. I say put him out wide throw him an occasional screen and let PT pound it up the middle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom