for everyone upset about the brees contract (1 Viewer)

If Flacco actually became a free agent how many teams do you think would be jumping like crazy to get him? Maybe a couple in my honest opinion...
Maybe Arizona even the Jets!

When players get a big contract yet they always have don play good next season. Could it be a contract curse

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk

The fact that Brees has won with a supporting cast that is clearly much worse than the ravens and the falcons (worse skill position players and defense) is why he is a elite quarterback.

I don't agree with this statement at all. Thinking back to 2009, we had the best 'supporting cast' in the league. Sure, we didn't have one standout player besides Brees, but everybody contributed to the team.:aargh:

Maybe Arizona even the Jets!

Rofl Zona would be first in line to pay Joe Montana if he came out of retirement at 53, and i am being completely honest in saying he would be better than all of them lol. That's how bad their qb's are. Talk about a group of inept qb's, man o man. A fine mess good 'ol whizendunce created for someone else to clean up lol.

I hope he gets it; I really do. And, I hope it starts the conversation about Ryan's contract. It is important to Arthur Blank that his QB be perceived as elite, and if Flacco gets a Brees-like contract, then Blank will absolutely follow suit and it will be our turn to watch the circus.

I lol'd, then I lol'd some more....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

The thing is, contracts are ALWAYS about leverage and market value. Flacco is playing in the Super Bowl a year after playing well enough to get his team to the Super Bowl (sans an incomplete pass to Lee Evans against NE). No other QB available will have his resume and skill set and most importantly, The Ravens have little (to none one could argue) leverage in negotiations w/ him given the impending retirement of Ray Lewis and the potential UFA Ed Reed could walk. That team will be in complete rebuild mode if Flacco is playing somewhere else next year because i don't think his replacement Is on the roster. I'm not saying he'll get $20M/yr. but he'll get more than most think and it will probably be close...

You know, this one really is interesting. From the eye test, no one will EVER mistake Joe Flacco for Drew Brees.

But Flacco has been to the playoffs EVERY year as a pro. He has been to THREE Championship games and finally 1 Super Bowl.

This isnt a Matt Ryan type issue, this dude wins in the post-season, so he certainly has an argument and this should get interesting. Honestly, looking solely at results ALONE, he is probably more deserving than 30 other QBs in the league.

But again, eye test says something totally different.

Right Flacco is definitely better than your average Schmoe QB, but then again look at what kind of Defenses have been backing him up since he became a Raven.

The Ravens are renown for their tough, physical Defense and Special Teams play (Harbaugh being a former ST Coach) Their Defenses always rank in the top Half of the league. So even when Flacco himself has a down game his total team effort of Defense, Special Teams, and even his running game with Ray Rice can help him pull through.

Compare that to Drew Brees, who is for the most part asked to carry a team week in and out and Outscore whatever number they put on the Defense. I mean I guess the markets for QBs is skyrocketing but I can't justify paying Flacco, Brees money.

Its hard to say. With each passing year the veterans will get more of an advantage from the Rookie Wage Scale.

Assuming the NFL profits keep rising, then the vet salaries most follow.

You know, this one really is interesting. From the eye test, no one will EVER mistake Joe Flacco for Drew Brees.

But Flacco has been to the playoffs EVERY year as a pro. He has been to THREE Championship games and finally 1 Super Bowl.

This isnt a Matt Ryan type issue, this dude wins in the post-season, so he certainly has an argument and this should get interesting. Honestly, looking solely at results ALONE, he is probably more deserving than 30 other QBs in the league.

But again, eye test says something totally different.
That doesn't get you Drew Brees money. That gets you Ben Roethlisberger money.

we have listened to how elite Eli is, and Rogers, about time to hear about Flacco, funny the only three Qbs with all the records are Manning , Brees and Brady

If Flacco actually became a free agent how many teams do you think would be jumping like crazy to get him? Maybe a couple in my honest opinion...

You are completely wrong there. Every team needing a QB would be salivating for him! Not a few teams, every team!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom