For PT lovers - a few facts (4 Viewers)

This thrad is pointless

simoncowellisnotimpressxr7.jpg

1 star

For the record, I like PT and think he adds value to the team.

I would like to remind you all of a guy named Fred McAfee who took over for an injured Dalton Hilliard, Gil Fenerty and Ironhead during the 1991 run to the NFC West division title. He finished the season as the teams leading rusher averaging 4.5 yards per carry. He did not have the great one game performance that PT did against the Bears but he was a very solid RB for a stretch of games in a division title season. Fred's career stats continued to declien from there until he became a career special teams player.

Many here want to hang the hopes of our running game on PT after one great game. Why? What do you have to prove he will be any different than Fred McAfee?

Wishing i knew how to do the lil sad emoticon with the hands covering his face....

Pierre Thomas has flashed more ability running the ball in his 50 carries than Reggie has in his 500. Reggie isn't holding the kid back, the coaches are (were?). I am not a Reggie Hater. But I do firmly believe he needs to play in the slot and return kicks and punts and get 8 carries a game.

Yet another reason this is a terrible comparsion -

Fred McAfee - 5' 10" 193 lb. sorry but Fred was built like a special teamer. He lacked the frame to take the punishment of being a fulltime NFL running back.

Pierre Thomas - 6' 210 lb. Thomas outweighs McAfee by 17 lbs. and Reggie Bush by 10. He has the frame to easily add another 10 lb.

Pierre Thomas has flashed more ability running the ball in his 50 carries than Reggie has in his 500. Reggie isn't holding the kid back, the coaches are (were?). I am not a Reggie Hater. But I do firmly believe he needs to play in the slot and return kicks and punts and get 8 carries a game.

Man if that aint the worse post I have ever read....so you mean to tell me you were more impressed with Pierre's 50 carries than you were with any of Reggie's 500? you cant be serious....Pierre is not THAT special...it only took him 50 carries for you to see he is the better back?...be honest.......are you that upset that Reggie didnt hit the ground running when he came in the league that you would post this.....I mean your football credibility is on the line with this man......you sticking by this?

Man if that aint the worse post I have ever read....so you mean to tell me you were more impressed with Pierre's 50 carries than you were with any of Reggie's 500? you cant be serious....Pierre is not THAT special...it only took him 50 carries for you to see he is the better back?...be honest.......are you that upset that Reggie didnt hit the ground running when he came in the league that you would post this.....I mean your football credibility is on the line with this man......you sticking by this?

I don't believe Duck is too far off with his post. PT has looked much more like a PURE RB then Reggie has; it is actually pretty hard to deny. Reggie is obviously more athletically gifted, he is a tremendous talent as a receiver, he is a nightmare for defenses especially once he gets in the open field, I would not want to get rid of Reggie for anything, and I will admit that Reggie has a higher ceiling for his future potential as a RB. BUT.. as of now as a pure RB I believe PT understands better how to run in the NFL and he has been more effective in his limited roll.

To call Ducks post the 'worse post I have ever read' only says to me that you haven't read many of the posts on the SSF front page right now.. ie. we need Mendndenhall, Brett Farve could be a part owner, oh wait how about this one, Fred MacAfee = PT ?:dunno: ? :crazy2:? ..

Last edited:
I don't believe Duck is too far off with his post. PT has looked much more like a PURE RB then Reggie has; it is actually pretty hard to deny. Reggie is obviously more athletically giftet, he is a tremendous talent as a receiver, he is a nightmare for defensives especially once he gets in the open field, I would not want to get rid of Reggie for anything, and I will admit that Reggie has a higher ceiling for his future potential as an RB. BUT.. as of now as a pure RB I believe PT understands better how to run in the NFL and he has been more effective in his limited roll.

To call Ducks post the 'worse post I have ever read' only says to me that you haven't read many of the posts on the SSF front page right now.. ie. we need Mendndenhall, Brett Farve could be a part owner, oh wait how about this one, Fred MacAfee = PT ?:dunno: ? :crazy2:? ..

I dont even pay attention to those post........he said he is more impressed with PT after 50 carris than Reggie's 500.....think about the plays this kid has made over the last two years...thats why I find it hard to believe, only think i've seen from PT is his 24td run against ATL and his game against Chicago, and he did nothing I havent see before...I just think its a HUGE stretch to say that.

I have listened and participated on these discussions, Reggie is Reggie, and an entirely different back than PT! Give the kid his due, when he came in on different occasions, look back a see what yardage he made! When he got his start he did just what was expected of him with a very good defense. Some of the more valid points , was different blocking schemes he was still learning keep him off the field. IF Duece can't go he should be given he's chance to go! I for one wait for the preseason to watch him, Git It Done!
He should be a beast with a full year in the off season conditioning program! Duece is the man but Pt will replace him someday. Hopefully not for awhile, but if needed, i think he could do it!

I dont even pay attention to those post........he said he is more impressed with PT after 50 carris than Reggie's 500.....think about the plays this kid has made over the last two years...thats why I find it hard to believe, only think i've seen from PT is his 24td run against ATL and his game against Chicago, and he did nothing I havent see before...I just think its a HUGE stretch to say that.

The OP started this thread to try and tell us why PT will or could potentially be like Freddy Mac; so unless you skipped the original post you have read a 'worse' post then duck jrs.

Duck was talking about PT v Reg as a running back.. Pretty much all of Reggie's memorable plays came when he was in the open field, swing pass, dump off etc. As a running back PT has shown more ability to hit the holes and pick up the yards then Reggie has. In PT's 24 yd td run against ATL, he saw the hole, hit it, and never looked back. Reggie would have probably bounced right - bounced left, then gotten tackled. You also mention PT's game against Chicago, I think he showed us alot that we weren't expecting out of him; PT is a special player, but so is Reggie, and at this point I believe PT has shown us that he has the ability as a pure running back moreso then Reggie has.

We have already had a 20 page thread on this topic, so I won't take it any further.

If Reggie truly dedicates himself this offseason to becoming a "real" professional, which means continuing to master the playbook, learn the tendencies of his OL, trust the blocks will come and put in serious training in his lower body to be able to run through tackles, there is no RB on this team that will be able to unseat him at the RB position. The fact that he seems to have committed to the above statements, I expect him to completely blow up this year and PT will remain a very good #2.

I have never seen an athlete with Reggie's skillset, in any sport, not reach their full potential if they dedicated themself to being the best. It's gonna happen!

I have listened and participated on these discussions, Reggie is Reggie, and an entirely different back than PT! Give the kid his due, when he came in on different occasions, look back a see what yardage he made! When he got his start he did just what was expected of him with a very good defense. Some of the more valid points , was different blocking schemes he was still learning keep him off the field. IF Duece can't go he should be given he's chance to go! I for one wait for the preseason to watch him, Git It Done!
He should be a beast with a full year in the off season conditioning program! Duece is the man but Pt will replace him someday. Hopefully not for awhile, but if needed, i think he could do it!

Nobody is doubting that (still a wait and see) its the people who simply act like Bush is worthless and has no ability to get better...all this "how long are we supposed to wait" is rediculous, he's 22-23 in his 2nd year and though he hasnt hit the 1,000yrd mark he has more than shown he is a capable back, he just struggles with things alot of back struggle with when they come into the league, specially a speed back, he has to learn patience (like some of these fans)

The OP started this thread to try and tell us why PT will or could potentially be like Freddy Mac; so unless you skipped the original post you have read a 'worse' post then duck jrs.

Duck was talking about PT v Reg as a running back.. Pretty much all of Reggie's memorable plays came when he was in the open field, swing pass, dump off etc. As a running back PT has shown more ability to hit the holes and pick up the yards then Reggie has. In PT's 24 yd td run against ATL, he saw the hole, hit it, and never looked back. Reggie would have probably bounced right - bounced left, then gotten tackled. You also mention PT's game against Chicago, I think he showed us alot that we weren't expecting out of him; PT is a special player, but so is Reggie, and at this point I believe PT has shown us that he has the ability as a pure running back moreso then Reggie has.

We have already had a 20 page thread on this topic, so I won't take it any further.

LOL, yeah ok, Reggie has shown plenty of ability.

how in the world has Reggie not shown that he can run in this league...he's had 100yrd games (136 his best performance) he made Seattle look like Fresno State (well in the first half) I just dont think you can applaud Pierres' 50 carries (LOL) then at the same time say he has shown more than Reggie Bush???????? come on man...Pierre has talent no doubt....but he aint the better back...not even close.

The Saints really should give him a shot. I think he is going to be a good one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom