For real this time (Al Copeland dies in Munich, Germany) {merged} (1 Viewer)

he was a friend to Saints fans--how many times did he buy tix to clear the blackout?

He used to bring his entourage to a gunshop/shooting range I was affiliated with==he took care of his friends. :)

R.I.P. to one of New Orleans most colorful people. Hey, many didn't agree with how he did his thing (myself included), but he was 100% New Orleans, through and through.

When you're living away from New Orleans, Popeyes is an oasis. R.I.P. Al Copeland.

Sad news... I hope he had the chance the make amends with the kids he had that he DIDN'T dote on.

There's a Popeye's near here but it doesn't serve onion rings, imagine that! :mad:

??? That's not a big secret. He use(s) crab boil to spice the chicken. I love it.

Do you mean the spices? The chicken was fried in oil. "Crab boil" is sort of misleading. Yeah, the spices were little foil packets. I fat-fingered plenty of them back when I worked there.

When you're living away from New Orleans, Popeyes is an oasis. R.I.P. Al Copeland.

lol... even in N'awlins, Pop-Eyes in an oasis...

They drove me nuts taking almost 3 years to reopen the Pop-Eyes in Avondale.

Very few could compete with Al Copeland when it came to decorating with Christmas lights. His "masterpieces" would bring traffic from miles around, (and the traffic jams created would annoy the neighbors :hihi:).

RIP, Al. Our condolences to the Copeland family.

Truly, a New Orleans legend.

I will go to Popeye's in Huntsville tomorrow to commemorate an important New Orleanian.

Thanks Al. Love that chicken from Popeye's.

I just wish they would also open up the Copelands uptown and quit closing all the other ones all over the south...(Birmingham, Pensacola, etc)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom