For supper tonight... (1 Viewer)

Sadly, I believe Butsy's has closed it's doors. Jazz is still kicking, though. I live out in West Omaha and spend most of my dining dollars there, so I haven't been to the Old Market in a while.

I always stayed in that Hampton Inn. Then walk through that park and go through the Old Market. It was such a cool area.

I always stayed in that Hampton Inn. Then walk through that park and go through the Old Market. It was such a cool area.

Yeah. I really like browsing all the unique little shops there. It's a cool place to wander around..

are you toasting the bread or "grilling" it. I do sunny side up eggs, bacon, and cheese on buttered bread that I then put in the frying pan and cook like a grilled cheese sandwich.
Complete Awesomeness!

Just toasted. I never thought about grilling it the way I do a grilled cheese sandwich. Of course, now I will try it with bacon and then grilled.

Homemade chili and fresh-baked beer bread.

Close. Homemade beef veggie soup, fresh-baked ciabatta bread, followed by key lime pie.

Tonight, a stadium hotdog and M&M's, with a side of dueling HS football teams and bands. I win. :hihi:

Ugh.

When cabbage is overcooked, the cell walls break down and some chemicals combine to produce that horrible smell you're familiar with.

I urge you to try cabbage again, but follow Alton Brown's recipe. Essentially, you want to blanch the chopped cabbage head in boiling water for 2 minutes - no more, no less. The result is fresh but cooked cabbage that actually has a very nice flavor. Crunchy, but not raw - an NO foul odors.

I actually served this to my roomates last night with a big slab of juicy cow muscle. Not the first time I've made it, either. Even my wife eats it, lol.

This statement reminds me of the movie "Wild Hogs." The part where they are out of gas and the geeky guy says something smart and Martin Lawrence and John Travolta want to kill him. That's how I feel. :hihi:

You have roommates and a wife, how does that work? Explain with pics. :hihi:again.

I made chicken & sausage creole and a salad

I agree that bacon is helpful. My supper tonight was free. My dad fried fish. I don't care for fried fish much because it's just too...fried. But I will not turn down a free dinner.

On a related note, my market that stopped carrying the smoked gouda (bastages!) now carries a smoked swiss and cheddar. It's no gouda, but it's still tasty.

now i have to find some smoked swiss

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom