For supper tonight... (1 Viewer)

A big *** bowl of Coooooooooookie crisp.
Got home late, my wife cooked shrimp creole with some homemade garlic bread on the side - too heavy for 8:00 p.m.
I will tear it up for lunch tomorrow, though. :17:

:covri:

God, I will never eat that stuff. When I was a kid, my dad would put that stuff cooking in the slow cooker before he left for work in the morning. When I got home from school, there was that awful awful smell throughout the house.

Ugh.

When cabbage is overcooked, the cell walls break down and some chemicals combine to produce that horrible smell you're familiar with.

I urge you to try cabbage again, but follow Alton Brown's recipe. Essentially, you want to blanch the chopped cabbage head in boiling water for 2 minutes - no more, no less. The result is fresh but cooked cabbage that actually has a very nice flavor. Crunchy, but not raw - an NO foul odors.

I actually served this to my roomates last night with a big slab of juicy cow muscle. Not the first time I've made it, either. Even my wife eats it, lol.

I had BACON....bacon wrapped pork tenderloin along with some garlic and cheese mashed potatoes. Mmmmmmmmmm

Did homeade chili last night, cuz that's what the wife wanted. Not exactly chili weather IMHO...still hittin 90 here in Houma....come on cold fronts

Ugh.

When cabbage is overcooked, the cell walls break down and some chemicals combine to produce that horrible smell you're familiar with.

I urge you to try cabbage again, but follow Alton Brown's recipe. Essentially, you want to blanch the chopped cabbage head in boiling water for 2 minutes - no more, no less. The result is fresh but cooked cabbage that actually has a very nice flavor. Crunchy, but not raw - an NO foul odors.

I actually served this to my roomates last night with a big slab of juicy cow muscle. Not the first time I've made it, either. Even my wife eats it, lol.

I am going to have to pass on your suggestion of trying it. There is no way I will be able to shake that childhood memory of the smell. I will pass it along to my wife who loves cabbage. thanks. But if it smells, I will hunt you down!

Are you still in Omaha? I used to have such fun there. Is Butsy Ledoux still there?

Sadly, I believe Butsy's has closed it's doors. Jazz is still kicking, though. I live out in West Omaha and spend most of my dining dollars there, so I haven't been to the Old Market in a while.

Honey mustard chicken wings.....cooked em all afternoon and some indian potatoes and peas....pretty much a samosa with out the wrapper.

I did rib-eyes on the grill with rice and a green bean casserole. A slice of Texas Toast and an ice cold beer completed the meal. I liked it so good, I am probably going to eat the same thing tomorrow night! Go Go Krogers' Rib-eye sale!!

No Kiddin... Usually when I have a GF, I do all the cooking... But I got to stop that.. Whenever I cook for a woman, they all wanna marry me. :covermyeyes:

Joe

Plus they stop cooking, expecting you do all of it instead. If I had a quarter for every time I came home late and neither my wife nor my son had eaten because no one will fend for themselves any longer....oy vey!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom