For the business analysts down here - a look at 2007. (1 Viewer)

LTL

When the PS2 dominated, it was because it had "adult-themed" games and not a bunch of kiddy stuff and the people with the money were buying all the games, thus they went with Sony. Gamecube was for kids only, so it finished last since the kids had no money and had to depend on parents, etc

Now, Wii is dominating and suddenly it's because it's cool to have when you're young.

Yeah, LTL baby, LTL - LOVE THE LOGIC!

The Wii's dominance is not due to kids, or their mommas. It's due to one of the most brilliant marketing campaigns in the history of the world, period, and of course, they followed the blue ocean strategy perfectly. How to create uncontested marketspace and make the competition irrelevant. Great book, by the way.

I have to agree with this post in it's entirety.

Nintendo is also creating a fervor with the (imo) intended lack of systems available. This creates a perception of limited availability which drives folks crazy.

We just got a Wii today and my fiance has literally been playing SMG since she walked in the door.....at 5:30pm. She is still playing it now. I have to admit, I wasn't too keen on getting one at first....but the Wii is an amazing, if not graphically challenged, machine.

LTL

When the PS2 dominated, it was because it had "adult-themed" games and not a bunch of kiddy stuff and the people with the money were buying all the games, thus they went with Sony. Gamecube was for kids only, so it finished last since the kids had no money and had to depend on parents, etc

Now, Wii is dominating and suddenly it's because it's cool to have when you're young.

Yeah, LTL baby, LTL - LOVE THE LOGIC!

The Wii's dominance is not due to kids, or their mommas. It's due to one of the most brilliant marketing campaigns in the history of the world, period, and of course, they followed the blue ocean strategy perfectly. How to create uncontested marketspace and make the competition irrelevant. Great book, by the way.

Dude, I didn't mean it like that. I don't know if you've ever heard the term "everybody and their momma" before when referencing to something that is very popular and lots of people want it. Must be a geography thing. I just put kid because it's more of a kids console, just like every other Nintendo, IMO. If I had kids and I wanted to buy them a console, the Wii is where it's at. If you feel the need to defend that also, go right ahead. :)

I like how you come up with your own logic from my post so you can defend whatever it is you believe and tell me that you love "MY" logic. Heh. I personally don't care about who's selling more what and never did. I never really thought about it until I started reading the video game board. It had just never crossed my mind.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom