For the geopolitical gurus (1 Viewer)

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If someone wanted to start a company that provided a service that is too highly regulated or even illegal in the "western nations" (something like cloning humans or advanced stem cell testing) which would be the best nation to set up shop and make money? Why?

edit: assume vast financial resources

Last edited:
If the company that was started didn't actually do the work and was more of a booking agent then Belize would be a good place to start. Belize is very tax friendly, the banking their is huge on privacy. If this business was web based and only did the selling and collecting of funds then it would be a great place. They also have no cloning laws so if you wanted to open the business there it would be a good spot however, traveling to belize can be difficult and expensive so if the business needed easy access you could rule it out quickly.

Why?

U.S. laws are prohibitively burdensome for my budding robot assassin business.

I think the trick would be to find a place that is somewhat economically depressed but politically stable. Depending on the line of business, close proximity to the US market could be a plus.

Maybe Guyana? It's also English speaking, not over run with Christian zealots, and on the Atlantic near the Gulf.

Edit: I don't think they have any extradition treaties.

Last edited:
I believe Venezuela might be right up your alley , however ,
there's no scuba like Belize scuba , like no scuba I know .
( You have just unwittingly taken in a show tune , some of you may feel the need to rinse . )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom